Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this work for my truck? I got a 4x4. I don't have shackles or add-a-leafs? Not sure what them even are. If this doesn't work, is there not 1" rear blocks out there for under $100?

Toyota Tacoma / Tundra 1" Lift Rear Block Kit

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here are some options.
WHEELER'S Single Leaf Add A Leaf Kit: 77.50/pair Provides approx 1" lift. Installs with factory u-bolts.

WHEELER'S 3 Leaf Progressive Add A Leaf Kit: 149.00/set Provides approx 3/4" lift. Requires removal of factory overload leaf but still very resilient to loads. Uses your factory u-bolts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that one I just showed will not work?

·
Registered
519 Posts
That should work. Toytec is a very good brand. Why do you want to raise the back and not the front?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2.5" leveling kit and personally I think it doesn't look that good. The front looks higher than the back. Adding the 1" block will look a lot better imo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh duh I should have looked at your sig. HAHA Thats weird I have the FBG 3" up front and nothing in the back and mine sits perfectly level. The block will work great for a little extra lift. If you tow you might want an aal but they do make the ride a little rougher. I took mine out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I found a fat bob's 3/1 lift for $180. If i opt to do that can I sell my 2.5" on ebay maybe?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah or on here. I see them for sale every once and a while. Even on other Tundra sites. With a 3" just make sure to use the front diff drop spacers in the kit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I've already decided against it. I change my mind like a girl! ha. I just don't wannna mess with taking it to get aligned and all that good stuf with a whole new kit. Toytec rear block here I come!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sweet! Good luck.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Oh duh I should have looked at your sig. HAHA Thats weird I have the FBG 3" up front and nothing in the back and mine sits perfectly level. The block will work great for a little extra lift. If you tow you might want an aal but they do make the ride a little rougher. I took mine out.
yeah most leveling kits do make things level when measured but the bodylines are designed for a rake anway- making a level truck look azz saggy...... so they do look better with the back end raised up too....a front end too close to appearing level or higher than the back just looks outta whack...but thats because of the way they were designed from 'yota...to sit higher in back. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts