Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I feel the love that my TRD has for me.I coome back from Iraq and get to fix a list that gets bigger with each day. So far I've replaced :
Calipers ( thanks to my brother in law, f'ing mine up)
Brake Pads (ditto)
Front struts, rear shocks
Finally put the Hellwig sway-bar on
Water Pump
Timing Belt
Tensioners

Might have to replace the rotors.... Now Toyota tells me that the early model Tundras are getting a recall to check for rusting frames...cause the spare tire and/or the fuel tank to fall off the truck on the highway... Perhaps I shoulda stayed in Iraq...

Ok I'm done rambling, just felt like typing something since I've been away from the site for a hot minute.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Welcome back and thank you! I guess you are getting re-acquainted with your truck. Hopefully not too much rust for you, although being in the Badger state, probably doesn't look good. Hopefully things work out for your truck and you. Thanks again for your service!

·
Registered
739 Posts
welcome back from iraq and thank you. nice upgrades to your truck :trd:

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Welcome home and as posted, thank-you for your service. :tu::tu:

You sure do have a laundry list. How was your truck stored? Are you also just catching up
to things not done before?

Good luck with getting things back in order and hope all goes well for ya.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Thanks for your service my friend. Welcome home!! Keep us updated with the progress on your rig.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
You forgot to mention the paint job?
Looks like the CIB in the rear window:thumb:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I have my old unit crest (504 PIR) from when I was at Ft.Bragg with the 82nd, my jump wings and CIB decals in the back window. It was stored at my parents place, but my sister used to for a lil bit in the winter and her husband did some work on it. Now I'm playing catch up on stuff he said he'd take care of... Ohh well, gives me something to do. I'm trying to get my VIS hood painted so I can get that beastie on there, don't worry pics will follow.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, the list got longer. Master cylinder and brake lines are getting replaced, and the rear brakes were cleaned and adjusted....

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
welcome home! i didn't see a whoopin on that list for the brother in law. did i miss something? :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOOHOO got the TRD done for the most part. All that remains now is to replace all my fluids with AMSOIL, gonna give it a try, a buddy has bragged it up so I'll give it a shot. And to put the new hood on,when its done with painting. The new shocks and new calipers, brake pads and hellwig sway bar make the truck feel new..

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Everytime I do a routine service on my truck, or replace a part it's a bit of satisfaction just knowing that my truck will keep doing what I need to for a lot longer...... it all costs money, but these trucks are worth it.

Nice list of mods, I see a few on there that are on my list of to do's.

As mentioned by others on here, thank you again for your sacrifice and service over-seas, it is greatly appreciated and I'm glad you made it home safely !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts