Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this M21A5 type SEI M14 for several years, and it has ridden in a few different stocks along the way. I finally nailed down the configuration that meets my needs best when I installed it in this light weight Blackfeather RS chassis stock, I can shoot with iron sights or the red dot without adding / removing a cheek riser. Are there any other Tundra/Sequoia owners here that like the M14?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I like the look. How do you view the iron sights? It doesn't look like the red dot co-witnesses. I will admit to having no experience with the M14 / M1A platform, other than handling them in the store I work at. If I didn't have other priorities, I would be interested in owning one.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the look. How do you view the iron sights? It doesn't look like the red dot co-witnesses. I will admit to having no experience with the M14 / M1A platform, other than handling them in the store I work at. If I didn't have other priorities, I would be interested in owning one.
Thank you.
Remove the RDS, and the irons are as accessible as they are with a wood stock - point and shoot.

You can't co-witness through the Comp M4, but you can if you mount an Aimpoint Micro series RDS (T1 / T2) as low as possible.

If you do plan on owning one of these rifles, find a used older M1A that has some GI parts. Bolt, op rod, trigger group and maybe the barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts