Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, on ebay today i was searching for,since i know the toyota sequoia has a OEM 150amp alt. i know i have 1. well on ebay i found a awesome alternator, it also gives you the rpms & what it put's out on a graph. & a picture of the alternator.170/180amp alt:first:
for any of you that were looking. now they make 1.

i have a spare, just in case. but i might just buy this 1, if ever needed to boost the amps, especially for my audio system.

how i found it was easy, i searched ebay parts & accessorys for a sequoia alternator. and as i went down the page i found it. i'm shocked. but extremely happy. since not 1 company when i was looking could make 1 due to a part in our denso alt. i forget the name right now. but 40 to 50 extra amps, will help you put in any accessory i belive you need.

without, doing what i did.
including a up-graded battery & a 2nd battery kinetik 1800, a cap, & a battery isolator, etc. and at this price it's 1/2 of a oem new 1 from the dealership, with alot more power.

if i knew how to add the link i would. i'm sorry, but maybe 1 of you expert computer men/women,guy/girls, would know how to add this link.
i belive it will be a hot item for guy's with audio, wenches, extra light kit's, etc...
a rebuild 1 is 200, a used 1 is around 100. this 1 is less than 400.:amen::tu:
thankyou to the company who build this!
maybe the owner could get this guy to come on board and put a ad on our web site. :)
i am only glad to find this for our member's. please if you think this is a great find, add to my rep.
thanks!
regards,
gorilla

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
If you have a 150 amp spare and want to sell it, let me know, I'll take it. That's if it fits the 00-03 tundras?

Good find!!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi, if you compare there stat's, they don't compare.
the 1 i found is much better due to the fact it gives you all the amps at low idle.
for you to get 210amps, you need to be at highway speed.
when most of us need them on local streets.
personally it is another good find for high output for highway driver's, long hauler's.
the 1 i found gives you high output at low rpms. that is more important.
i learned alot about alt.
the best 1's are where they put out the most at low rpms.
just my .02cents. and it's less money.
but for some, your's might be a better fit.
any alt, if you were to use a smaller belt pully, it will spin alot more producing more amps.
i'd rather have a more powerful alt.
50 amps at idle. is way to low. most toyota's at idle are either 80 or 100 at idle.
good find anyway. thanks
gorilla

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi i'm not sure if it will fit. i'd ask your dealership. since you have a older tundra.
i have a place that will sell 1 to you & give you a 6month warrenty. LKQ on line salvage.
make sure the last 2 #'s say i think 40. look it up. i belive the 130amp alt. last 2 part #'s say 30. it's heavy. so shipping might be $20. plus the alt.
reseach it 1st, i'd love to keep the spare. but if i sell it to you it would be around 120 with shipping. & i could use that to buy that other1, i was talking about. 170/180.
although my sequoia's 150 runs all my accessorys without any issue's.
i wish all tundra's gen1's came with the 150amp. what were they thinking.
as well as the lexus 470 has a better beefed up internal engine parts. we should have recieved those parts. heck we have a truck.
gorilla

If you have a 150 amp spare and want to sell it, let me know, I'll take it. That's if it fits the 00-03 tundras?

Good find!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Do you have a item number from the ebay ad?

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's really not hard to look on the page and copy add these for other people instead of going on and on about it and not telling them any info. And no I'm not asking for pointless internet rep for helping out here so don't add any.

Here you go people its by Iraggi Alternators it fits:
TOYOTA TUNDRA 4.7L 2002-2006

Item number:220477362997 also on that it has all contact info for Iraggi for them to make one for you.

180 AMP ALTERNATOR 02 03 04 05 06 TOYOTA SEQUOIA TUNDRA : eBay Motors (item 220477362997 end time Mar-05-10 19:34:43 PST)

(mods might take that down)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
good find. iraggi alternator is in lavergne, tn, which is a suburb of nashville not far from my old stomping grounds.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
hi, on ebay today i was searching for,since i know the toyota sequoia has a OEM 150amp alt. i know i have 1. well on ebay i found a awesome alternator, it also gives you the rpms & what it put's out on a graph. & a picture of the alternator.170/180amp alt:first:
for any of you that were looking. now they make 1.

i have a spare, just in case. but i might just buy this 1, if ever needed to boost the amps, especially for my audio system.

how i found it was easy, i searched ebay parts & accessorys for a sequoia alternator. and as i went down the page i found it. i'm shocked. but extremely happy. since not 1 company when i was looking could make 1 due to a part in our denso alt. i forget the name right now. but 40 to 50 extra amps, will help you put in any accessory i belive you need.

without, doing what i did.
including a up-graded battery & a 2nd battery kinetik 1800, a cap, & a battery isolator, etc. and at this price it's 1/2 of a oem new 1 from the dealership, with alot more power.

if i knew how to add the link i would. i'm sorry, but maybe 1 of you expert computer men/women,guy/girls, would know how to add this link.
i belive it will be a hot item for guy's with audio, wenches, extra light kit's, etc...
a rebuild 1 is 200, a used 1 is around 100. this 1 is less than 400.:amen::tu:
thankyou to the company who build this!
maybe the owner could get this guy to come on board and put a ad on our web site. :)
i am only glad to find this for our member's. please if you think this is a great find, add to my rep.
thanks!
regards,
gorilla
Hey guys, has anybody purchased this alternator? Did it work out? I have an 02 Tundra I would like to add some amperage. Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's really not hard to look on the page and copy add these for other people instead of going on and on about it and not telling them any info. And no I'm not asking for pointless internet rep for helping out here so don't add any.

Here you go people its by Iraggi Alternators it fits:
TOYOTA TUNDRA 4.7L 2002-2006

Item number:220477362997 also on that it has all contact info for Iraggi for them to make one for you.

180 AMP ALTERNATOR 02 03 04 05 06 TOYOTA SEQUOIA TUNDRA : eBay Motors (item 220477362997 end time Mar-05-10 19:34:43 PST)

(mods might take that down)

did you look at the seller Feedback %? never buy ANYTHING under 98%

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi, if you buy 1, please make sure you have at least a 4gauge wiring,
or better 2 or 0 gauge.
this way you don't produce a fire.
many of the older tundra's came with 80amp or 100amp alternators.
just your wiring.
so if it was me, i'd surely get at the least 4-2-0 gauge, wiring.
it's better all the way around.
gorilla

·
Registered
639 Posts
did you look at the seller Feedback %? never buy ANYTHING under 98%
Most the negative feedback he responds to and With most car parts people are RETARDED and will order the wrong thing and blame the seller. Just look at the posts on this forum where people say OH THIS DOESN'T FIT.....and they ordered the wrong thing.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
good find. iraggi alternator is in lavergne, tn, which is a suburb of nashville not far from my old stomping grounds.
Wow....I are stupid :D......these guys are in my backyard and this is the first I've ever heard of them......go figure :rolleyes:!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi, if it's near you, go check them out. we don't have that option.
1st hand info would be great.
thanks,
gorilla

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi, post the link. what does it put out at idle?
most i've seen are low, & have to be way up in rpms to reach.
maybe that alt. has a graphic amps/rpm's.
good to know.
all those ebay 1's that were listed high amp's are now all gone.
i wonder about that.
i had a guy that told me he could get me a 200+ i forget the exact #. it's been so long.
but when he tested it, it read 154. marked checked on box & output was lets say 254.
we went together, he spoke to the owner. they put it on there digital high tech machine.
it read about 154.
i gave it back.
that is what many sequoia's read out.
so why pay the money for that.
so i bought 2 sequoia's. & there just fine.
our problem is denso is a very small alt.
& from what i've been told it extremely hard due the the stator, to hop them up.
i'm sure by now, they have learned how to.
but every company i searched on the web, said no can do, except 1.
i waited 3months for him. as many of you know, i can't wait.
so i'm happy with mine for now.
good luck, post results.
gorilla

1 - 20 of 26 Posts