Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Several years ago I bought a timing belt "kit" that was touted as being OEM on another Tundra forum. It was more expensive than after market kits so it seemed to add up. At the time I didn't know about how good the Chicoms are at faking stuff. Fast forward to this year and I have pretty much realized they are fake. Tonight I was looking at the outer box closer, and found a "made in China" sticker hidden under another sticker on the side. This pretty much seals the deal for me, so now I want to know where the best place is to buy OEM. I'm not about to do the timing belt job on a 4.7 and not use OEM. Thanks.

·
Forum Admin
8,265 Posts
Buy the AISIN timing belt kit TKT-021. It's about $170 and available from amazon. That's the gold standard that most DIYers use. I have used it twice with no complaints.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check it out. I can use a few of the parts in the chinese kit. The serpentine belt, thermostat, and the tensioner look OK, but there's no way I'm using cheap parts on the timing belt job. Too much to go wrong and too hard to fix even if the engine survives.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts