Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first scratch.... I bought this to run my pool service so I'm working out of it pretty much all of the time so I knew its was going to happen eventually. Just a small scratch but I was hoping to keep it perfect for a long time.

Anyone else scratched theirs yet?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Got my first scratch.... I bought this to run my pool service so I'm working out of it pretty much all of the time so I knew its was going to happen eventually. Just a small scratch but I was hoping to keep it perfect for a long time.

Anyone else scratched theirs yet?
Yep. Too many mesquite bushes with thorns where I drive. And then my brother hired a portable wash service to come down to the ranch and wash all the vehicles (mine included). I went to check on the fine gentelmen doing the job on my Tundra and they were cleaning the inside of my newly tinted front windows with Windex and newspaper.:eek: They scratched the tint up good so now I can relax about keeping the window tint in good shape. It also looks like they used rags dipped in WD40 to dry the exterior. My truck looked caliche colored after the first mile of driving down dirt roads. Our dust and sand is so bad that the truck scratches when you lean on it in normal conditions, much less with a coating of whatever was on their rag mixed with dust. Tire dressings and AmorAll are completely out of the question.

As an aside the factory stereo face plate seems to be a dust magnet. It must have a static charge built in from the factory.

·
Registered
324 Posts
got a lite scratch on the bed near the cab from my hose while washing it. DOH! :mad:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
got a scratch on mine from where it was egged, darn it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My bed is pretty scraped (I have a small A/V company, so I'm loading boxes and tools a lot), but my only scratches elsewhere are from fingernails near the door handles. Maybe I should get my doors w/ Rhinoliner:cry:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yep. Too many mesquite bushes with thorns where I drive. And then my brother hired a portable wash service to come down to the ranch and wash all the vehicles (mine included). I went to check on the fine gentelmen doing the job on my Tundra and they were cleaning the inside of my newly tinted front windows with Windex and newspaper.:eek: They scratched the tint up good so now I can relax about keeping the window tint in good shape. It also looks like they used rags dipped in WD40 to dry the exterior. My truck looked caliche colored after the first mile of driving down dirt roads. Our dust and sand is so bad that the truck scratches when you lean on it in normal conditions, much less with a coating of whatever was on their rag mixed with dust. Tire dressings and AmorAll are completely out of the question.
You're more of a gentleman than I. Windex on tint? WD40 anywhere on the truck? Man, I'd have torn his arms off.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts

As an aside the factory stereo face plate seems to be a dust magnet. It must have a static charge built in from the factory.

People like that make it hard for people like me to sell an expensive wash service when most guys do a job like this.

As far as tire dressings, ArmorAll is actually water based and wont attract dust as much as silicone based dressing like Black Magic or something like that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lots of brush marks some bigger scratches on the driver side passenger door and out side part of the tailgate. The bed is used and beat on but it does still have paint left on it. I dont have any real big dent's at this point. Did get hit wit a golf ball last week though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts