Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m having a issue, I’ve lifted my truck 2.5” and I’m having really bad rubbing issues with the tires and wheels i put on they are 295x70x17 NITTO Ridge grapplers, they are rubbing the front wheel wells pretty bad when turning, I’m wondering if there is a way to trim down the back of the wheel wells or what I need to do.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
218 Posts
Go to town on the pinch welds and plastic fender trims. Could also go with spacer or change out wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I’m gonna trim out the inner wheel wells I’ve already got spacers on the wheels on top of -12 offset wheels

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man, 295/70 17's I'm jealous. I've got 285/75 16 BFG AT on my 03' Tundra 2wd and all I'm running is stock wheels and rubbing frame rail a little bit. If I rub, I just back off a bit. No spacers, I believe there just a bandaid and present problems on your hub and bearings. If you wanna run those bad boys gonna need some Control Arms and suspension. I've got a set of King Coilovers on stock control arms to fit the 285's with minimal rubbing on the frame rails. It's all in what you want ¡! The rear inner is a bit trickier to trim or pound in and I've seen people trim the bumper to match the radius as much as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts