o 504 bhp and 550 lb/ft torque

run 0-60 in just 4.4 seconds.

-----------------------------

range rover sport supercharged 2010 :

Power:

· 5.0-liter V8 supercharged
o 510 bhp and 461 lb/ft torque

run 0-60 in just 5.2 seconds.

Among my friends, including race and was the winner, including the owner range rover sport supercharged 2010

Written evidence demonstrates excellence Tundra TRD Supercharged

But on the ground things are different race Superiority range rover sport supercharged 2010

·
Registered
420 Posts
There is no way a SC Tundra is going 0-60 in 4.4, I highly doubt it can do it under 5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I don't know where you got 4.4 seconds for 0-60, but that is grossly exaggerated... it would be lucky to do it in 5.2.
On the other hand, I can't see why a RCSB Tundra shouldn't blow the doors off of the Range Rover Sport (both super-charged), so either the drivers aren't experienced with how to launch the vehicles, or there is something else going on. I could see a tight race between the CM version and the RRS (both super-charged), but no way that RRS should be faster than the Tundra RCSB... the Tundra RCSB should be close to 1000lbs less (approx.). Not much difference in HP and torque is more advantageous on the Tundra (though maybe the RRS would have a longer, higher torque sweet spot... i.e. from 1500 to 5000 rpms close to 90% of available torque).
Lastly, there are several factors to "faster"... if you're talking just 0-60, that is pretty subjective both for accurate gauging of speed and start/stop times and also for driver error. Doing something like 1/4 mile is a better indicator.
Still, I'm probably one of the few people on this forum that thinks the idea of getting this vehicle for pure speed is just funny... it is great that it is fast, but get a Z, Camaro, Lotus, etc. for racing...

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Ok .

·
Registered
315 Posts
At our test track, the 2008 Toyota Tundra dispatched 60 mph in 5.1 seconds (4.7 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip) and elbowed its way through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds at 103.8 mph. This performance slices a half-second out of the performance of the erstwhile Dodge SRT10 Ram. You know, the one powered by a Viper V10 engine.

-published article.

Done with RCSB 4X2 (everything else bone OEM)

With exhaust and tires the tundra w/TRD supercharger should best 4.4.

~JH

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Isn't the Range Rover AWD? That may have explain it. Good traction is hard to get on the Tundra.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, and SALSA RED trucks are even faster.................

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts