Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure why this is, but I have yet to see one. I work in Norfolk, drive over a half hour to get in, and we have probably 4-5 dealers in the area and there are plenty of Toyotas on the road. Once I thought I did, turned out to be a Tacoma, from a distance the front ends look similar. I see the new Dodge/Jeep vehicles, plenty of new F150's, but not one 07 Tundra. I guess they arent selling many locally. I did get a flyer in the mail urging me to come in and look at them, maybe I'll have to do that if I want to see one in person.:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure why this is, but I have yet to see one. I work in Norfolk, drive over a half hour to get in, and we have probably 4-5 dealers in the area and there are plenty of Toyotas on the road. Once I thought I did, turned out to be a Tacoma, from a distance the front ends look similar. I see the new Dodge/Jeep vehicles, plenty of new F150's, but not one 07 Tundra. I guess they arent selling many locally. I did get a flyer in the mail urging me to come in and look at them, maybe I'll have to do that if I want to see one in person.:confused:
I drive mine to Portsmouth everyday. I usually see several on the road while driving to work. :tu:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I agree. I've heard that they're selling well but I've seen 2, maybe 3 in the last month.

·
Registered
548 Posts
two tundras that i have seen around home. both dc's, besides my crewmax. one guy waves like he gets paid per wave, the other wouldnt wave if you paid him.
i have yet to see any other crewmax besides mine.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I usually see one or two other 07 Tundras every day.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I usually see several a day. 2 in my neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
ive seen one on the road and it is mine...

·
Registered
352 Posts
So there is like what... 100 million vehicles registered in the US. And Toyota has sold about 40,000 or so Tundras so for. The odds of seeing one on any given day ain't real high. Plus, it's kinda nice driving something that few others have.

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
it's weird how when it first came out, i never noticed any.. i saw only 1 in LA.. then when my dad bought it, i began to notice more on the road... :D

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
it's weird how when it first came out, i never noticed any.. i saw only 1 in LA.. then when my dad bought it, i began to notice more on the road... :D
It's like that with everything. Say for example, you buy a Scamp trailer. You probably never see them but after you get yours, you see them everywhere.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I see one or two a day but they are all in the city usually being driven by what looks like a white collar guy on his way to the office. I will say that I did finally see my first one in a rural setting the other day. It was a base model DC with mud all over it pulling a small trailer.

IMO, the new Tundra is selling to the same crowd the old Tundra was selling to. I know Toyota has spent big $$$ to convince people this is a work horse but it's obviously not working around here. I still think there biggest hurdle is the sticker.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll keep an eye out going the other way for you. When the FJ cruiser came out, it was a couple of weeks before I saw one. This truck has been out for a couple of months now, just surprised that they seem so scarce. I notice other Tundras on the road, no reason not to see one of these.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I see one or two a day but they are all in the city usually being driven by what looks like a white collar guy on his way to the office. I will say that I did finally see my first one in a rural setting the other day. It was a base model DC with mud all over it pulling a small trailer.

IMO, the new Tundra is selling to the same crowd the old Tundra was selling to. I know Toyota has spent big $$$ to convince people this is a work horse but it's obviously not working around here. I still think there biggest hurdle is the sticker.
I got my Tundra for less than GM and Ford wanted for comparable trucks. I shopped around for about a month.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hello, in the past three months since i started looking i have only seen four not counting mine--3 dc and 1 crewcab- in south richmond va. i know they have sold more .still think i have the only blue streak dc around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts