1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Cool. But not cool for $674.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Yeah, it's a joke and way overpriced. A friend of mine had one on his Silverado and it deleted his tow hooks and the welds failed.

He upgrade to a RH and never looked back. Now he has their Summit series rear bumper and likes that too.

RH FTW, and about 300 cheaper.

Notice how many bolts are on the Ranch Hand and look at the ones on the TG. I'll take the RH any day of the week.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I don't like any brush guards on these trucks. The lights are too small and too high to be conducive to an attractive design, IMO.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, it's a joke and way overpriced. A friend of mine had one on his Silverado and it deleted his tow hooks and the welds failed.

He upgrade to a RH and never looked back. Now he has their Summit series rear bumper and likes that too.

RH FTW, and about 300 cheaper.

Notice how many bolts are on the Ranch Hand and look at the ones on the TG. I'll take the RH any day of the week.

-rockstate
hehe, are you shirtless in that pic

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think it's ugly. But than again I think all brush guards are hidious. Even the Ranch Hand.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hehe, are you shirtless in that pic
wow. someone has waaay too good of an eye and weird need to look at him half naked hahaha.

OP- the grille guard u posted is hideous. the first pic looks like the parts over the headlights are all bent out of whack and all that. i personally dont like the full face grille guards on anything...even the ranch hands....sorry glory hole or whatever your name is this week...i like a bull bar obviously especially on this truck where the shape of it kinda mimics the outline of the grille but the full guards just always look like a shop class project since they are just made out of welded steel and have nothing that flows with the trucks.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

That's a RH

-rockstate
yes it looks like an industrial gate or prison fence in front of your grille and has a metal tag on it that looks like it should have been removed along time ago haha. again, my opinion.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah never liked the looks of them either but Im sure those things would plow thru Deers and cows with no problems...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
yes it looks like an industrial gate or prison fence in front of your grille and has a metal tag on it that looks like it should have been removed along time ago haha. again, my opinion.
haha that's the best part about it!

I am ordering the lift tomorrow, so as far as I know, I'll have the first lifted '07+ Tundra with a Ranch Hand.

-rockstate

·
Registered
750 Posts
A company called Top Gun has the meanest brush guard I have ever seen. Well meanest civilian brush guard.

Top Gun
You'll get way more protection and better looks (in my opinion on the looks) with a full replacement bumper/bull bar.

Check out ARB, they make two different bars for our trucks.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I'd like to see a brush-guard actually cover the entire front corners... including the bumper corners. Seems a waste to just cover half...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Guards are about function not being pretty :rolleyes:

I think it's ugly. But than again I think all brush guards are hidious. Even the Ranch Hand.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Guards are about function not being pretty :rolleyes:
Roll your eyes all you want...

And, what function does that BRUSH guard accomplish with all that open vulnerable area, besides adding weight. A typical brush guard doesn't cover much more area on the truck (RH covers more of the plastic grill than anything), and isn't going to do anything for you in a crash going more than a few miles per hour. Hitting an animal or vehicle is still going damage the truck, and if you don't think a moose is still going to still destroy that truck, with a brush guard installed, your wrong. For the money, I would rather spend a few more dollars and get a good "real" bumper that would serve a more useful purpose.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts