Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 07 dc 4x4 5.7lt TRD of course they dont have any instock at the local dealership especially in the timberland mica grn. so they pull a swap with a dealship say they put it on the truck to bring to me turns out its not a TRD its a texas edition.... and it was supposed to be here tuesday today is saturday and still hasnt arrived i already made the downpayment and all.. the fact its not a TRD doesnt bother me to much other than i have no clue what a texas edition looks like so if anyone has pics or links i would greatly appreciate and this thing better be here by monday or im really going to start raising hell about it.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I just ordered a 07 dc 4x4 5.7lt TRD of course they dont have any instock at the local dealership especially in the timberland mica grn. so they pull a swap with a dealship say they put it on the truck to bring to me turns out its not a TRD its a texas edition.... and it was supposed to be here tuesday today is saturday and still hasnt arrived i already made the downpayment and all.. the fact its not a TRD doesnt bother me to much other than i have no clue what a texas edition looks like so if anyone has pics or links i would greatly appreciate and this thing better be here by monday or im really going to start raising hell about it.
same looks just different wheels i think

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The Texas Edition is a Gulf States port configuration that has chrome 20" wheels. I think this is what they look like:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachments/tundra/17878d1175033465-crewmax-ss-tudrass2.jpg

Other than that, Texas Edition is mostly cheap stick-on things like badging and door sill enhancements. If you want, you can search any Toyota dealership in Texas for the Gulf States inventory and you will eventually find a truck listed as "Texas Edition" with the assoicated MSRP markup. I would think of it as a substitue for TRD in any way shape or fashion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man i asked the dealer and his reply was its the shocks and the rims.. oh well those are some fine dubs there and my wife will love em hope i can find some mudders to go on those things that dont cost a fortune oh well i got till november to deal with the mudtire issue..just need to get my truck here NOW!!! wouldnt think it would take a week to go from midland texas to monroe louisiana.

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks man i asked the dealer and his reply was its the shocks and the rims.. oh well those are some fine dubs there and my wife will love em hope i can find some mudders to go on those things that dont cost a fortune oh well i got till november to deal with the mudtire issue..just need to get my truck here NOW!!! wouldnt think it would take a week to go from midland texas to monroe louisiana.
You are going to put mudders on those 20in chrome rims? I hope you don't plan on doing any serious off-roading with those rims.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah just work in the oilfield and getting around hunting lease

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got off the phone with the dealership it supposed to be there anytime today there expecting it so im all grins only thing that sucks is it its after 5 i cant pick it up till monday and thats to long to WAIT im exstatic though.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
just got off the phone with the dealership it supposed to be there anytime today there expecting it so im all grins only thing that sucks is it its after 5 i cant pick it up till monday and thats to long to WAIT im exstatic though.
Congrats! Don't forget to post pics when you get her home!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm surprised you're not down there waiting on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who ordered an '07 and didn't quite get what they wanted. Any one out there have a picture or link for pro comp rims? the model for the '07 tundra is a 6066 but I don't have a pic.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
It's mostly exterior appearance upgrades. Nothing to do with the shocks.

Texas Edition
-Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
-Door Sill Enhancements.
-20 Inch Chrome Wheel And
-Running Boards
-Tire Upgrade (Set Of 4)
-Custom Carpeted Floor Mats
-Texas Edition Badging
What's that "TSS" decal on the bed panel? Never seen that before...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Toyota Sports Series, ecu come configured from the port for a higher top speed.

·
Registered
338 Posts

For me it means "take silly sticker" off. Its basically the Texas edition without the goofy badging and better tires. The only thing I can say "sporty" about it is it can bury the speedo w/o hitting limiter. I do like the rims, there chromed aluminum, though I liked the 16" enkeis that came on my '04 TE better. 20's do look good on this truck. Eventually I will have 315/65 Michelin MTS on them. For the 1800.00 that included chrome exhaust tip, TSS floor mats, sliding rear, chrome step, rims and 135mph tires its not a bad deal.

Anyone want a slightly used chrome TRD exhuast tip? Pm me and its yours for shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tchapin........

You've got another PM.....
Won't fit the 4.7L I have, I'm sure someone with a 5.7L will take you up on your generous offer.

-Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
I preferred the Texas Edition Pkg on my new Tundra. We needed the running boards, and I like the 20" chrome wheels, exhaust tip and door sill billet covering. The floor mats are a nice touch but I am changing out to WeatherTech anyway. Line-X in bed and Bakflip on the way. I love this truck.
However, if I wanted the TRD pkg there is NO way I would settle for the Texas ED Pkg. They are not even close. Stiffer ride, bilstein shocks, fog lamps, skid plates, tow hooks etc.. with the TDR.
Cheers.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts