Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man the gas is killing me I let it get pretty emty but I did'nt even do to much driveing for 75$. Is any one else pist off over there gas??????:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
548 Posts
did you not pay attention to how expensive gas is the last couple years before you got your truck?
no, im not pissed off. I have driven trucks all my life, and I am not shocked it does not get MPG's like an economy car.
you could be in my 93 land cruiser that got 11mpg, and no where near the power the tundra has......................
maybe you should just fill up everyday so it doesnt shock you, as you put it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Man the gas is killing me I let it get pretty emty but I did'nt even do to much driveing for 75$. Is any one else pist off over there gas??????:mad: :mad:
I don't know if you're moving up to a full-size truck from something else or are coming into the Tundra from a previous pickup.

For me the Tundra was a change to a 1/2 ton from a 3/4 ton. It was an improvement. My last truck could use up a $100 bill each fill up. Then again it had a larger tank and could go a bit farther. I wish my Tundra could take $100 worth of gasoline at today's price. I would be able to get farther down the road before stopping.:tu:

Don't fill your lawnmower's gas can at the same time as your Tundra or you'll realy be mad.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 07 Tundra gets about the same mileage as my 03 Tundra so i'm use to it. When the gas prices get really high i just ride my Harley more - 40 MPG.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
If your going to play with a full size truck you have to pay....I love my 5.7 so much I don`t care what it gets. BTW it gets better than my 4.7DC did. Just stand on that right pedal and enjoy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes, please stop the whining. You are starting to sound like my wife!
I just looked out my office window, $3.33 for reg x 26 is $86+ . I doubt that will break your bank.

·
Registered
932 Posts
$75 in your gas tank? Does it run better on cash?:D

Toyota still makes the Prius. Maybe you picked the wrong vehicle.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I came from a 4 banger ranger that used to get 25mpg with hard driving. So I've seen a pretty big difference, I've just decided to top it off everyday. Runs me about 5 - 7 dollars a day times 30 days equals 210 dollars a month. It's all good though, I love driving my truck:cool:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
My 07 Tundra gets about the same mileage as my 03 Tundra so i'm use to it. When the gas prices get really high i just ride my Harley more - 40 MPG.
I am in the same boat as you. Except I came from a 1990 v6 Toyota P/U - 17mpg, and when I ride on the road it's on a 1980 Yamaha XS850SG - 40mpg.

It's only money, I'll make some more tomorrow:D :tu:

·
Registered
528 Posts
My Tundra is getting better MPG than my last truck (04 QC Dodge Ram 5.7L).

I just paid $2.74 at Costco for 87

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gas price $ 3.45 today............SUCKIE

·
Registered
378 Posts
What were you expecting from a 5.7 V8? Just a ridiculous comment.
I don't think the issue is the mileage per gallon, but the reality of gas rising about a nickel everyday.

I bought my truck March 31, gas @ $2.34. Now it is $3.05. Difference of $.71, or 30%. Did your wages go up 30% in April?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am not too old and remember not very long ago gas was $1.19, 99 cent special on Tuesdays!

$1.19*26.4 equals $30 and some change. How sweet would that be again?

Greedy oil company MoFos, paying CEOS $600 million severance packages while us consumers are taking it in the behind.

American stupidity and apathy, I guess that if my boss paid me whatever I asked for but just bitched I would probably do the same.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been paying about that now for a few fill ups. I payed about the same with my 4.7 03 extended cab tundra and that's when I was only using 87. I'm now using 89.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not to be a dark cloud, but it is going to get worse before it gets better. Factor in the Summer demand, a possible hurricane in the Gulf or an incident in the Middle East or other and it might get real scary. Glad that I only live 1.3 miles to work and my other vehicle is a Corolla...Ouch!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not to be a dark cloud, but it is going to get worse before it gets better. Factor in the Summer demand, a possible hurricane in the Gulf or an incident in the Middle East or other and it might get real scary. Glad that I only live 1.3 miles to work and my other vehicle is a Corolla...Ouch!
I have been considering trading my new 4X4 Tundra in for a moped. Not quite the power or safety but might be a pleasure hitting the gas station when gas is up to $5.50 a gallon.

Wonder HOW high it can actually go before the American public screams this is enough BS.

Before W tells Exxon that they can pull gas out of Iraq since they are OWNED! I look at my checkstub for today and the Feds pulled $464 out of a 2 week check! Reminds me of the Full Metal Jacket movie about not even given the courtesy of a reach around!

·
Registered
115 Posts
dont complain too much ...in CA we are paying 3.69 for 91 super...3.59 for 89 mid grade....3.49 for 87.....

fill up here is about 83 dollars..

i have switch to the 89 from super lately to save a few bucks....urg....

ouch
Lemon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts