Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2010 SR5 with the JBL system in it. However it did not have the back up camera installed when I bought it. Part of the deal I negotiated was to get the camera installed as part of the due bill.. Well ever since they installed the camera I lost a couple radio stations. I am assuming it is related to the camera and rear view camera they installed at my dealership. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i could see it if it was a nav unit with the display on the screen, maybe they unplugged the antennae and never plugged it back in so its not "seeking" or "scanning" or even picking up the stations w/out an antennae, but i can see no reason why the camera and rearview monitor would have anything to do with reception in anyway...they are totally different systems and dont even share any wiring paths really.... might get them to look at the radio itself as a warranty claim and complain of poor reception or diminished reception from what you had before...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bet they jarred the antenna input loose when they were back there hooking the camera up.

·
Registered
859 Posts
did you look in the door pocket? Maybe they fell in there. :)
Seriously, chances are they knocked the antennae input and it is loose a tad. So, the signal is weaker/noisier. So you might lose the weaker channels.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Was your truck pre-wired for the camera? If so, the wires are up in the headliner/tailgate and shouldn't be anywhere near the antenna.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Was your truck pre-wired for the camera? If so, the wires are up in the headliner/tailgate and shouldn't be anywhere near the antenna.
Good point. I think we were assuming he had the NAV, so the input would not come from the headliner, but you are correct, the OP never actually says that.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i assume when he said "camera and rear view camera" that he meant camera and rear view mirror, since the rear view mirror is where the display would be....

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delayed response. I do not have the nav. Just the JBL system. They added a camera and a ADVENT rear view camera mirror. I have lost one of the most powerful FM stations in Southern California. The dealer gave me the number of the after market installer they use and he wants me to come back in so he can disable the camera when I am driving. (So it only works in reverse.) What is strange is that Every other radio station works on the dial that I can think of. The satellite works too. So I am at a loss. I guess I will take it into the installer and see if he can fix it. The installer said that Toyota is having problems with this specific radio. But I dont know if that is passing the buck or the honest truth. Regardless, I appreciate all the responses as of now and now that I am on my 2nd Tundra. (First was a 07 TRD) I look forward to posting more on this board. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
its only supposed to work in reverse, but it prob some nice radio interference from the wiring... just a ? you didnt put in hid lights did you? cause those can kill you radio stations from the freq interference from the ballasts... just a thought..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts