Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have never posted here before but I've done a lot of "peeking in". I just traded a Chevy Avalanche for the 2007 Tundra and I am amazed. I have never owned a Toyota before, always a GM guy, but this is a nice truck. The ride in the Avalanche was incredible as it is on the Suburban frame and not a truck frame. All the other trucks I have had before,... well rode like trucks. The Tundra rides as well if not better than the Avalanche! The gas miledge is much better than the Av (19.25 on first tank of 90% highway use) the braking and steering and acceleration stomps my old Av.
I really have no complaints as there is nothing I don't like about it. I have looked in on other threads where folks list there dislikes,.....in truth much of those just seem to be be people getting use to a new vehicle. I would like to have an idiot light/bell that "dinged" when I forget to turn the headlights off. (Done that twice), and air vents in the back of the double cab would be nice, but I can not call that a complaint.
I have the 4X2 model, and started to not get it simply because I felt like I was moving backwards in going to a 4X2 from a 4x4. I justified it in my mind anyway by getting better gas miledge, higher towing capacity (I know these numbers are minimal, but I am still justifying it to my self here so just bear with me) and the truck sits as high as the 4x4, which is cool because I like looking over traffic in front of me and being able to see what is ahead.
It took a while (being a guy who has only had GM before) to realize that one can't haggle as much with Toyota folks as one can with one of the "Big 3", but I still got a good deal. I would hope that as Toyota moves forward with taking over the compitition in the big truck market, they get a better selection on the lots, and come out with more after market stuff.
Thanks to all who contributed to these posts that I researched prior to making my trade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Toyota has you covered on the light dingy thing. It is not needed. Lights will not stay on and deplete the battery. Check your manual.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I would like to have an idiot light/bell that "dinged" when I forget to turn the headlights off. (Done that twice), and air vents in the back of the double cab would be nice, but I can not call that a complaint.
I believe the double cabs have rear air vents. I remember seeing some air ducts underneath the front seats of the loaner 07 double cab I'm currently driving. The air ducts are low profile and pointed back towards the rear passengers. I will check again in a bit when I go out to the truck :p

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Yep it does have them, not sure if you call these great vents but they have them :D

Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bluyota,
Thanks for the post. I too strugled with pricing on Toyotas. I could get over 10K off a new Ram but because of these constant offers the are worth much less on trade in. I concur that the headlights are supposed to go off automatically but we just click the lock button twice and everything turns off. We always leave our headlights in the on position.
Cheers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Obviously I am still learing things about the Tundra. Who wants to read the manual when there is a truck to play with??!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts