Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLACK painted rims that is....There are virtually NO choices in aftermarket rims for something OTHER than Chrome or Black out there....I have found a Rouge rim in machine finish, but literally almost nothing else.

I see great looking machined finish rims on many other models and makes of vehicles out there, why not 4x4 trucks???

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
lots of people wish for machined wheels....some of us got them stock- our TRDs hahah.

but yeah, we are limited, not b/c of 4x4 but b/c of this weird bolt pattern toyota gave us...

but heres an inexpensive one from discount that fits, that i personnally like...might be something u like?

and this one is what i'd get if i were getting some right now, its from tirerack...

both are machined with black accents.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
so what exactly are you lookin for then?
machined finish obviously...

but i just looked up and your garage says 2006 tundra, i just assumed u had a 2nd gen since u are posting over here....if not, i cant help ya.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Machined is probably the only finish I wouldn't buy...so it's all about preference.

Plenty of machined wheels out there, check Ultras.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I pretty much only like machine/polished alum wheels myself.

Some coated wheels are ok.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No, you're not alone. I hate all the black or chrome wheels. They all look the same, and none of them really afford anyone a custom look. I really think the stock wheels look better and definitely more rugged than any of the so-called custom wheels out there-which all look like they are made for the street.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes the Rockstars fit...many many tundras with them

·
Registered
149 Posts
BLACK painted rims that is....There are virtually NO choices in aftermarket rims for something OTHER than Chrome or Black out there....I have found a Rouge rim in machine finish, but literally almost nothing else.

I see great looking machined finish rims on many other models and makes of vehicles out there, why not 4x4 trucks???

Check out Centerline wheels, I know you used to could pick out a wheel with them and have it drilled to your bolt pattern if they didnt stock it. But you have to go directly through the company.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Anyone know if the ROCKSTAR rims fits our Tundra's, specifically I have an 09'?
ur kidding right? if u wonder why i ask, do a quick search to see how many rockstar wearing tundras there are hahaha there are so many in fact that i hate those rims now ! haha

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I actually think that if I had to buy new wheels for mine that they would be black, but I definitely have a street truck. Many of the 4X4 BEASTS on here look great with the black wheels and accents.

Speaking of 4X4, I wish that I had one for the last few weeks of ice, sleet, and snow. I was rolling from where I live in St. Louis South County on 255 in to Illinois to meet family for dinner; I can't believe all the accidents along the way. There was like over 20 vehicles of all kinds turned around, up against guard rails and walls, and a couple looked totalled. I was spinning tires on the parking lot; 4X4 BEAST TOYOTA TUNDRA WILL BE MY NEXT TRUCK FOR SURE! :focus:

Sorry, anyway, I like black wheels on street and off road........

·
Registered
41 Posts
ur kidding right? if u wonder why i ask, do a quick search to see how many rockstar wearing tundras there are hahaha there are so many in fact that i hate those rims now ! haha
Well after having my chrome rims and having to clean them I have changed my mind and would like to get the rockstars. Do you know if they fit on the 09's? Also, are the rockstars aluminum? Lighter than chrome?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
tiger, for what its worth, my 2wd with toyo open countrys did outstanding in the snow we had. of course it was not ice, and on slick black ice 4wd aint gonna do much either...just spin all four or get u going faster but still wont stop or turn so....but mine did very well, we went off into parking lots with 10+ inches of snow, sure the nannies kicked in once in a while but never felt like it was not going to go or stop or turn. i was super impressed.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Chrome is good, but you have to get ones that fit the look of your ride. Black and painted wheels, pretty much ugly on everything. with the exception of a completely back out vehicle. The worst is Bright colored vehicles and black wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am looking for a "OEM Look" with a slightly more aggressive offset and look. Just not much out there compared to the chrome and black wheels. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i am looking for a "OEM Look" with a slightly more aggressive offset and look. Just not much out there compared to the chrome and black wheels. Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Oh man, chrome is beautiful. :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts