Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Man, what a bunch of trash talking, Jeep loving, sheep kissing....

I get that all the time from a couple guys with a local contractor driving 2500 Rams with Cummins Diesels. I tell to drop a load and meet me at the track, they never do. i tell em that they may get 22 MPG but Diesel costs 35 cents more than the mid range that I buy so still not winning.

I have an off roader. I would like to see one of the wagonner or cherokee guys pull the same thing, stock of course.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Dude what you dont realize is that they are jealous because first toyota and jeep are the biggest offroad rivals let them talk smack whatever. The only thing i read that makes sense why they are talking smack is because Jeep has never really come out with a vehicle that will tow more than 7600 as a 3/4 J20 so they are jealous that a 1/2 ton Yota will tow there old a$$ jeep.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
But then i read this guys post pretty cool

#10 Today, 06:39 PM
Greenfire
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Whats that jeep weigh? Plus trailer weight?

Tundra aint exactly the most heavy duty tow rig. Nothing wrong with thew truck...just not what its made for...gas motor...suspension...brakes...

Same reason the V8 F250 I was driving had a hard time pulling 5 tons of rock in a 9000 Gross trailer...............talk about a scary drive.

I bet he is well within his towing capacity. Maybe a little heavy on the tounge wieght. Trailer concerns me more then the truck. No way of knowing what engine he has, but if its the 5.7, 380 hp will tow that like its not even back there. People buy Tundras FOR towing.__________________

And then he posted this Too

If he has good trailer brakes then fine. The tundra brakes are equivalent of an F250. Matter of the fact the truck itself is rated in between a 3/4 and half ton. But is a 1/2 ton on paper. Tundras can tow anywhere between 8 and 10k depending on model.

Im not looking to debate, just didn't like the typical.. oh its a Toyota and it can't handle it type of thing. If it were a Ford pulling it, no one would of said anything.

I tow a longer trailer with a grand wag on it, using a Tundra. Like anything else it has to be set up properly, tows beautiful and sits level.. Oh Tundras have an Aisin transmisson too, 6 spd.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Sounds like a lot of speculation with NOTHING to back it up with. Jealousy is a biatch....

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I like the comment about how the Tundra weighs 7800 lbs... only about 2200 - 3200 lbs off, but hey, why be accurate? :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
sounds like a bunch of guys that haven't driven a Tundra.... I am buying a 6X12 enclosed trailer when I PCS. I have no worries about getting it and loading it up behind the crewmax!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like the comment about how the Tundra weighs 7800 lbs... only about 2200 - 3200 lbs off, but hey, why be accurate? :)
:first:

Awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
"the first tundras really weren't even full sized. i sit in my brother-in-laws tundra and it fells so tiny."

I liked this comment. Comparing apples to oranges, but like you said, why be accurate?:D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Brand name bashing is common among owners of all makes. Domestic owners are guilty of it, we're guilty of it. The difference being most of them have never actually been in the driver's seat of a Toyota truck. Many of us have had a Dodge truck's front suspension and rotors disintegrate into dust over time, driven a slow-as-molasses 5.4 F150 that accelerates slower than all the competition with or without a trailer without getting any better mileage, or had a Chevy where the squeaking, rattling interior drowned out the radio.

Like Momma always used to say... how you gonna know you don't like it if you never even try it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would love to have bought a diesel 3/4 ton truck.... but I can't afford the $7 or $8000 premium for the diesel engine, the extra cost for diesel fuel, the extra cost for maintenance of the engine, the fact that it will get 15mpg ALL the time not just towing, the smell of diesel, the noise, the dirty exhaust...

But man, it would be nice to sit up on my high horse and look down my nose at the guys that tow on occasion with a "gasser". Sorry, my Tundra is my personal vehicle. I run errands with it, go on vacation with it, go out to dinner with it, etc. I don't need the ride and cost of a 3/4 ton truck year round, when my Tundra can do everything I need it to do and more.

You can argue with an idiot until your face turns blue, trust me... I'm a cop, I do it 4 days a week at work. Those ding-dongs want to bad mouth your Tundra, fine... less competition when you want to go buy a new one. You and I know how capable they are. Just wave as you pass them while towing next time....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW the thread went from bad to worse to ugly and then a moderator locked it up. Absolutely rediculous. Im am acutally embarassed..:sad3d: ive been on that board for years and never witnessed such bashing. I have always spoken highly of that forum too. But I just lost a lot of respect... well I guess its only a few of them guys.

I tell ya what.. you would never see anything like that on Tundra Solutions. We may joke around about Fords or Dodges, etc... but we have some repect for what the other trucks can do. That is just outright disregard.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
WOW the thread went from bad to worse to ugly and then a moderator locked it up. Absolutely rediculous. Im am acutally embarassed..:sad3d: ive been on that board for years and never witnessed such bashing. I have always spoken highly of that forum too. But I just lost a lot of respect... well I guess its only a few of them guys.

I tell ya what.. you would never see anything like that on Tundra Solutions. We may joke around about Fords or Dodges, etc... but we have some repect for what the other trucks can do. That is just outright disregard.
Well said... however i still hate the Ford Raptor. :heh:...:pound:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts