Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have out grown our tundra it did a fine job for what it is. But it is time to get a larger trailer we currently have a 20ft and looking to upgrade to about 30 ft. So i looked at the new tundra but it is not going to cut it . The dodge deisel is cheap looking inside I am leaning toward the duramax 2500 HD. I have 340k trouble free toyota miles and i hate to switch. Whats a guy to do ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
We have out grown our tundra it did a fine job for what it is. But it is time to get a larger trailer we currently have a 20ft and looking to upgrade to about 30 ft. So i looked at the new tundra but it is not going to cut it . The dodge deisel is cheap looking inside I am leaning toward the duramax 2500 HD. I have 340k trouble free toyota miles and i hate to switch. Whats a guy to do ?
Sorry to hear that you possibly might go domestic but if you do my choice would probably be GMC 2500 with the allison tranny two of the guys at my shop have them one a crew cab and the other an extended cab both of them 06 and they love them I drove the extended cab and it drove nice alot firmer than the Tundra but the GMC is a 3/4 ton truck and the pricing on them aren't to bad and for towing you won't feel a thing with that truck I do like the Ford F 250-350 series trucks but they are a bit pricey

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the engine and tranny combo. The interior of the chev is nice and to be honest i am not impressed with the new tundra interior looks cheap and dodge like . OMG did i really say that. who else has thought that?

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
My daily driver work is a 2500 duramax extended cab, it carries in excess of 9200lbs on it currently.
Put the cruise on at 83 or so and sit back and enjoy the ride.
I have close to 30,000 miles on it and the only malfunction has been a brake booster asy.
It gets close to the same mileage as the Tundra but is working 3 times harder hauling the load.

Now it responds like a turd off the line and have to be cautious. The tundra when I get in to go home I forget and punch it of fthe line resulting in tire spinning.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My buddy just bought a 2008 Ford F-250 6.4 Diesel, 4x4..
Real nice rig.. He tows race cars..
350hp.. 650 ft/lbs torque.. 12,500lbs tow cap..Lots of power..
$50K Can..

Crewmax LTD is $55K Can..

Pics of same engine from a F350..

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After reading the forums the prob. w/ the fords is it's not if the tranny will fail but when. That is an expensive piece of the puzzle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am not sure of the Ford issues..
He leased the rig, nice unit..

The Chev 2500hd Duramax is rated very good..
Cheers..

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Ford have transmission issues on the F series.

A Duramax diesel with allison trans would also get my vote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts