Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front-end is all stock and it needs a face lift but I don't wanna spend $1,400 on the ARB front bumper. And Ideas? P.S. 2001 white V8 w/6" RCD and 20" black rims.:ts:

· Premium Member
13,111 Posts

· Premium Member
13,111 Posts

· Premium Member
11,297 Posts
I dunno, baby sealskin headlight covers? That'd get some attention in Boulder :clown:...

Don't mess with the Tuff Country bumpers. They are overbuilt for the truck and will crumple the frame before the bumper if you hit something.

If you do any custom front bumper, it's likely going to run in to the 1K$ range for a custom piece without paint/powder, maybe less if it's hybrid tube/box, maybe more with a winch...it's really difficult to tell until it's done. Offroad Solutions can build you one, Allphase can do them, Armorology can do it...tell them your price range and see if they can help you.

Otherwise, grille guard!

-Sean

· Registered
1,984 Posts
I dunno, baby sealskin headlight covers? That'd get some attention in Boulder :clown:...

Don't mess with the Tuff Country bumpers. They are overbuilt for the truck and will crumple the frame before the bumper if you hit something.

-Sean
nothing wrong with tuff country....looks better than arb too and is cheaper.

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find a picture of the Tuff Country bumper anywhere!

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toyota Photo Album

here is the link to the Toyota section. I was going to do a Tough Country bumper but Im not really into the diamond plated look! ARB is better looking IMHO

Ya that thing looks like it should be on a Ford in some farm somewhere. Oh well guess i'm gonna go with a brush gaurd. Do you guys thing a white one would be to tacky?

· Registered
111 Posts
yea i agree go with black you already have black rims

· Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright then that makes it easy. Know of any good brands? I don't need it hold a winch just some lights so I can blind people, I mean see better at night...

· Registered
3,521 Posts
Warn Industries - Mounting Systems: WARN® Trans4mer these guys have been around forever and for the price you can tell it!! have not priced anything from them but they do make a quality product. if i were installing anything it would be something like a brush guard with winch capability! big bumpers on this truck look bad to me. Just puts too much weight on a allready heavy front end!!:td: if ya hit something it would push bumper back into truck and that would be ugly$$$!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.