Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought jba headers, and they wont stop leaking..I cant stand it anymore...so I need someone who can fix them, or put the stock back on for me

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Who installed them and what gasket type was used?

Do not give up on them. The JBA's should be a good addition to your ride. Just need to understand how they were installed so we can get those leaks stopped for ya.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took it to a place in hyde park ma called accurate automotive....I have already taken it there for them to tighten the passenger header...it was fine for a little, but I drive the truck hard...and soon found that both sides now leak....as for gaskets i can only assume they used the ones provided with the jba headers, as i did not buy any, nor did they.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Once you get blow by the gaskets won't seal well. maybe 2 sets of new gaskets and have them properly torqued. sound like the shop just tightened them till they stopped. Not a permanent fix.

·
Goodbye '01 Tundra :(
168 Posts
I realize this is a little late, so it might not be any help, but, when I did mine, I ran across a few recommendations to use new toyota gaskets with the headers rather than the JBA gasket, I did that when I did my headers and they did not ever leak on me. Might be something to consider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
read other postings, go get yoursefl percy gaskets for head to header, and remflex for the headers to collectors. little research woulda saved ya some aggro and clams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts