Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love my truck. I have been doing a lot of driving lately, and just really appreciate everything about my truck. It has been raining like heck where I live, and I am really happy with it's handling when wet. My Ford NEVER handled anything as well as this when it was wet. I just simply love my truck!! I still smile every time I drive it!! It is so comfy to drive. My truck is just perfect for me. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
87 Posts
x 3..........

If you gave me the option for trading mine for a new 07 I promise you, I would say no. I can't get over the engineers designing such an interior like that for a TOYOTA. It's a TOYOTA, for Pete's sake; it's not supposed to look cheap/blocky.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yep, count me in too:tu: I love my 05 AC 4x4 and do not wish for a bigger truck, drives and feels like a Lexus:D For my needs a Tacoma would be enough BUT I would not trade my Tundra for a Tacoma NOR would I trade it for the big 07, besides, it's already paid for.:sleep:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep, count me in too:tu: I love my 05 AC 4x4 and do not wish for a bigger truck, drives and feels like a Lexus:D For my needs a Tacoma would be enough BUT I would not trade my Tundra for a Tacoma NOR would I trade it for the big 07, besides, it's already paid for.:sleep:
My sentiments exactly! This size truck was perfect! Now all the trucks on the market are too small or too big. Glad I picked up an 06 and I love the ride! :tu:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I really love my truck. I have been doing a lot of driving lately, and just really appreciate everything about my truck. It has been raining like heck where I live, and I am really happy with it's handling when wet. My Ford NEVER handled anything as well as this when it was wet. I just simply love my truck!! I still smile every time I drive it!! It is so comfy to drive. My truck is just perfect for me. Thanks for listening.
Preaching to the choir! I actually prefer my truck to my wife's 06 Avalon. My seats seem a little better & I'm less tired after long trips. I wouldn't trade either vehicle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, buddy...my '03 is still my best friend. I'll be making that big commitment in another month when he goes off lease and I make him my own. :rolleyes: I wonder if there'll be cake and punch? I've looked around, there's nothing else that I want! I saw 2 '07's on the road today, but they affect me about as much as a dead possum...no excitement at all. Maybe, that's a good thing! ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
After just getting all my 30000 service done(another rant in another post) and getting the brakes done this week, (had less than 1/8th inch left on the front pads, not bad) it feels like a brand new truck again. The techs that worked on it all asked if I would get in touch with them if I ever decided to sell, because they all want it. We DC owners have a special model IMO, only in production for 3 years, not a million of them on the road. Plus the fact that its almost paid off just makes every day climbing into the drivers seat that much better, these things are fantastic.....am I boasting too much? :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1,000,000

I just had to run to a jobsite last night 160mi round trip and it's such a joy to drive. It was raining and the wind was blowing pretty hard the last 60mi and it handled it like pro.:cool: :tu:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't really post too much here, but I have to say I have wanted this truck since they first came out. It has to be the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have to make mention of this forum as well, loaded with info, I went back to the archives and ended up with the scion mp3 player in my truck, love it! Keep up the good work guys. I am barely on my rx-7 forum anymore.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can join in and add to all of the comments. This is the first new vehicle I have purchased in 22 years (the last one being a 1985 Toyota Cressida) and the second pickup (the first being a 1982 Toyota SR5). Bought it brand spanking new in August of 2006.

2006 AC, V-8, 2wd, SR5, 17" wheels, fully equipped, this is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. My back usually begins to hurt after an hour or two in any vehicle I ride in - not this truck. I just completed a 1,300 mile round trip weekend in it and got out as comfortable as I got in. Fabulous.

Good mpg, great power (30 hp more than the '88 Corvette I traded in to get this), quiet, comfortable, well equipped good looking truck (Salsa Pearl Red). I've already got almost 23,000 miles on it.

I wouldn't trade this truck for any other out there, including the new '07.

JMHO

Dan

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am in MA. I live on the Cape.
This Tundra is way better than any Ford I have ever had!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Something hit me today, I'm doing a job on a street and there is every example of pickup in the driveways, Chevys, Fords, GMC's, a Titan, a Ram and I tried second guessing myself if I should have gone with any of them and the little voice in my head came back with a resounding NO.........so I guess that settles it....I've never thought I made a mistake buying this thing ;)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Agreed!! I love my Tundra!! :) :tu:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I have never grown so attached to any vehicle as I have with my '03.

Yesterday, with the nice weather, the wife joined me for a drive. It was the first time she was in the truck since I bought it in October '06. At one point in the drive, she turns to me and says, "you really love this truck, don't you?". "Oh yeah!" was my reply. Then she say, "you love love it more than you love me... don't you!" I just snickered. She then punched me in the shoulder. I said, "honey, I love it in a different way." Somehow that still wasn't the right reply...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. This is my 2nd Tundra and my 6th Toyota truck. Driving my Tundra really is a pleasure, probably since I use a Honda Civic for work commuting. But what you have all mentioned is correct. Great ride, handling, power and reliability. I too like the looks...maybe because it's different. Other trucks may be better at certain things, but the Tundra is the COMPLETE package.:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
After just getting all my 30000 service done(another rant in another post) and getting the brakes done this week, (had less than 1/8th inch left on the front pads, not bad) it feels like a brand new truck again. The techs that worked on it all asked if I would get in touch with them if I ever decided to sell, because they all want it. We DC owners have a special model IMO, only in production for 3 years, not a million of them on the road. Plus the fact that its almost paid off just makes every day climbing into the drivers seat that much better, these things are fantastic.....am I boasting too much? :cool:
I agree 100% that the 04-06 DC's are special trucks. It's a perfect size truck with nice clean looks. only 3 years in production will make them collectors! :tu:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts