Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

I have a Tundra CM 2009 5.7

I'm so angry about the speed

so I remove on of the fuse and the gauges turned off

I tried the car and the speed limiter it's off

is there any dangerous for the engine or anything else?

any help

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi all

is there any dangerous for the engine or anything else?

any help
so angry about what speed? And improved grammar will help us understand what you are asking. Quite honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

all the tundra it's have a speed limiter in 110 miles

so

I remove a fuse from the fuse box

the fuse it's for the gauges

now I hit 128 miles easily but the gauges it's not working but I have a gaps with speed gauges

my question now is there any problem if I remove this fuse?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Does the rev limiter still work or will it turn on till it brakes. Other than that just buy a hand held instrument pad and use it for speed and other info.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I think he is saying that since he removed the fuse the speed limiter is out and now he can surpass 110. But his gauges only go up to 120 and don't show anything else. Is that correct?

·
Registered
60 Posts
128mph? WHY?

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
In most daily driving, I haven't found the 110 MPH maximum speed to be much of a hindrance.

In terms of risks of the gauges not displaying current speed, it is concerning that you have no immediate knowledge about other factors like RPMs (maybe don't matter, transmission is clearly up-shifting on it's own) or oil pressure, temp, battery, A/T trans temp. . .

I don't know for sure, but I suppose if you remove the gauge so that you can get a better drag race, and then replace it for regular driving, you're not running very long without it.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Does the rev limiter still work or will it turn on till it brakes. Other than that just buy a hand held instrument pad and use it for speed and other info.
From this patient here, I can tell you that a GPS could work beautifully but it won't tell you how fast your engine turns.. :p

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If your not on a track put the fuse back!!!!

If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit!!!!

I love you, you love me, one big happy family!!!!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Hi.

Fuse pull no good.

Guages properly function good.

Speed above toyota limit bad.

Common sense lacking.

·
Forum Admin
8,252 Posts
The odometer is probably not registering with that fuse pulled out. Anything that loops through the gauge cluster won't be functioning because the circuit is broken.

Which also includes the seatbelt buzzer! :D:tu:

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
I'll pull that fuse when I reach about 98,000 miles, so I have the benefit of a full 6 year warranty. Put the fuse back in before I go in for service.
Think this will work?
BTW 07DCwhiteSR5 -- bang on, funny as hell. I was relieved to see you didn't tell him to read the manual :D You get reps when I can again.

·
Forum Admin
8,252 Posts
I'll pull that fuse when I reach about 98,000 miles, so I have the benefit of a full 6 year warranty. Put the fuse back in before I go in for service.
Think this will work?
BTW 07DCwhiteSR5 -- bang on, funny as hell. I was relieved to see you didn't tell him to read the manual :D You get reps when I can again.
Sure, just use the Scangauge for reading mph and stuff.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'll pull that fuse when I reach about 98,000 miles, so I have the benefit of a full 6 year warranty.
Yeah but your truck has been in the shop for what, 2 months now? :( I doubt THAT rig will make to 98k. :boink:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
hi all

And exactly how do you know you went that fast WITHOUT a functioning speedometer?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
And exactly how do you know you went that fast WITHOUT a functioning speedometer?
I believe he said with the gps speedometer... I had to translate his posts!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts