Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While dropping off my 05 for the ball-joint recall, I sat in the 2007 Tundra. This is a very nice truck. But I am very disapointed in the back seat area. I really feel the back seat in my 05 is easier to get in and out of, more comfortable, and bigger.

·
Registered
435 Posts
While dropping off my 05 for the ball-joint recall, I sat in the 2007 Tundra. This is a very nice truck. But I am very disapointed in the back seat area. I really feel the back seat in my 05 is easier to get in and out of, more comfortable, and bigger.
Keep in mind the 05 version of Tundra didn't have a CrewMax variant. Sit in that one and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just realize that the 2007 doublecab is the replacement for the 2006 and previous access cab.The replacement for the 2006 and previous double cab is the new 2007 crew max.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just realize that the 2007 doublecab is the replacement for the 2006 and previous access cab.The replacement for the 2006 and previous double cab is the new 2007 crew max.
Understood, but i think many people (like myself) don't want the "huge" truck overall, but do want room for the kids / 4 adults. I would have tolerated the larger double cab truck, but really won't buy something as big as the crew max.

IMHO, this was a bit of a mistake on Toyota's part.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Understood, but i think many people (like myself) don't want the "huge" truck overall, but do want room for the kids / 4 adults. I would have tolerated the larger double cab truck, but really won't buy something as big as the crew max.

IMHO, this was a bit of a mistake on Toyota's part.
Both the DC and CrewMax are equal in length - 228 inches.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both the DC and CrewMax are equal in length - 228 inches.
OK, I need to better educate myself.

1) Is the cab larger and bed smaller? If so, I can live with that.

If Toyota decided to have two versions to satisfy the family guy (short bed) and the contractor (longer bed), then this was a great idea.

2) I get down to Jackson / Tupelo every once in a while to visit the Super Sagless plant. Do you know the company?

·
Registered
117 Posts
The CrewMax just has a shorter bed. Too short for some, but if you can live with a 5'5" bed, power to ya. You gain storage behind the seat or mucho leg room, a vertical power rear window, and can get a sunroof also.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yes, the trade-off is with the bed. The DC has a 6.5 ft. bed and the CrewMax a 5.5 ft. bed. So the CrewMax uses that extra foot of space for a longer and roomier cab. For someone like me, a 5.5 ft. bed is plenty and I can use interior space more.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have an 06 tacoma, but fell in love with the new tundra as soon as I sat in it. I will have either a DC or crewmax within a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts