Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see toyota sales are still strong after the drive by wire B.S. that was blown way out of proportion...IMO :becky:

Toyota on Thursday reported a 35.3 percent jump in US sales in March, rebounding from a series of mass safety recalls which have undermined the embattled Japanese automaker's reputation.

"Toyota's strong sales performance in March reflects our customers' continued confidence in the safety and reliability of our vehicles and their trust in the brand," said Don Esmond, senior vice president of automotive operations for Toyota Motor Sales USA.
"We are standing by our cars, and we're grateful that our customers are standing by Toyota."
Unlike most automakers, Toyota primarily reports its US sales in percentages adjusted for the number of selling days. Toyota's unadjusted sales grew 40.7 percent in March to 186,863. Its sales for the year-to-date were up an adjusted 8.7 percent at 385,686.

Toyota's US sales jump 35.3 percent in March

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I still say most of the accidents were caused by panic stricken idiots.
+1, panic or not but there were quite some idiots. I wonder if i rammed TUNDRA into something could i blame stuck pedal :devil::biggrin1:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, there are alot of driver's out there that just don't know how to drive. we have all seen them.
they were never tought to shift to neutral, hit the e-brake, shut the car off, down shift, etc.
this is because many driver's never in there life had to do these things.
it is like a man that don't know how to put a skrew in the wall to put up a shelf straight.
for many of us it's natural to know what to do.
but just as many don't.
the vehicle isn't suppose to do these thing's that were happening.
so personaly i don't blaim the driver.
the blaim is toyota, thats how i see it.

years ago when we had carb's, and the spring broke, we delt with the wide open throttle.

but today this isn't tought. i was lucky enough to have a race car driver as a dad.
and my grandfather & dad were top notch mechanics.
my grandfather used to be the only guy ,at the time, that used to fly to states, where there dealership
had a issue, that couldn't be fixed. he would fix it.
what a cool job, & the knowledge he has was amazing.
i'm proud of my father & grandfather and what they tought me. priceless knowledge! :)
thats why i'm the man i am today. i had guidence to become a leader, not a follower.
thats why i always even as a kid owned my own business, & was always successful.

i was told this: either it's done once & right, or not done at all. no 1/2 a$$ work ever, no cutting corner's.

today parents don't have the time, to teach there kids or even think to themselves what if.

ever see a kid handle a gun for the 1st time, the point it all over the place, even at you. until you teach them,
is the gun unloaded, where do you point it, & so on.

so i can't jump on this ban wagan. i still blame toyota, i have to. to many thing's have happened.
look at the gen2 tundra, and all there issue's. come on, think about it. this isn't a handle falling off the car.

toyota as well as all auto makers, have issues. it isn't usually a issue such as this.

people panic!

it's like many people don't know about the oil that rises up from the ground after it rains.
or how to drive in the snow, ice, black ice, no brakes, throttle stuck, etc.

driving schools, & test's should include emergency issue's.
this should be in every handbook, just in case.
what if's?

in florida we deal with 100 year old people behind the wheel, that forget which is the gas & which is the brake.
or forget to put it in park & get out. only to see there car go into the lake.
i'm going a little to far off course here.

but as a automaker, you should be more careful with brakes, & throttle.
these are very important, thing's that shouldn't
be where they cut corner's, to a penny or 2.
test ,retest, & test again & again, before they release the vehicle.

safty 1st, build it no matter what the cost. we surely pay enough for a new vehicle.
years ago we had real bumper's, with huge piston shocks. if they still had these,
99% of 5 to 10 mile an hour crashes wouldn't cost you 3 to 5 g's to fix.
look at the new tundra's bumper's as you drive, almost everyone, has a ding, dent in it.
sadly due to it being so thin. i can go on. but i think you all know what i'm trying to say.
build it once & right or don't build it at all.
we pay alot of $$,$$$ for our new vehicles, they all no matter the maker,
you should be able to trust the vehicle to be safe. and get you to wherever you go safely.
gorilla

·
Registered
330 Posts
up 35% from a previous two month decline of elleventy billion is a good start.
ahahahah keanu reaves, eleventy billion dollars, that amount of money doesnt even exist...... "YET"

·
Registered
4 Posts
i actually had my floor mat stick my pedal down when i got my carolla it was because i had 2 sets of mets and i removed them imediatly. this happened way befor the recall. I just put it in nutral than reached down and shifted my mat. as it was simple i did say to my self that is this had happened to some one else or to me in a worse situation it could get ugly quick.

I did mention recently thought that most people are idiots and dont know anything about what they are doing. most people just think you get in a car and go. i told here thought that any1 who everlerned stick would not have that problem because they have learned that netural puts you in nutral.duhh but most of the wolrd needs to be held by the hand to lean anything and forgett about learning it on there own.

i went home and pulled out the mats imediatly.

this actally has happened to me in the pasr with my ford ranger. between the way i move my feet and 2 sets of dloor mats it is only a matter of time for me and for that matter anyone else rocking 2 floormats.

·
The Tire Guy
261 Posts
There is more than Toyota to blame. They have issues that need to be addressed we all agree on that part, but what about all the media slamming this down our throats daily? The " big 3 " as they say, stay under a cloud of recalls and issues but its not on cnn, fox, msnbc, and so on. Remember when the dodges would just start up and jump in gear? I think is was the diesel's, or the vehicles that would catch fire while parked in the garage? People did die in those fires, but it wasn't nearly played up in the media as the Toyota issues are today. Giving that was a different time, but when you can bash the competition for free why not. That's what is going on. The government owns gm, so let's make the most noise ever about a recall. I could be wrong and someone who knows better speak up, but did gm ford or dodge ever have to go in front of congress because of the recalls they have now or in the past? I'm not talking about when they had to go right before the bail out either. Maybe ford did when they were using the wrong tires and improper psi levels that lead to the explorers flipping. Firestone was blamed and is still trying to get there name back. I still have customers that won't buy Firestone's because of that, but they have no problem buying Bridgestones??? Most of them are made in the same plant!! My point is, yes toyota has a problem, and so does the media for throw fuel on the fire.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, cajun your right.
but it has always been," bad new's is good new's", for the NEW'S.
it's just today alot more places to see it.
toyota used to be a better vehicle than they are making now.
there was very little re-call's, of this nature.
chevy/gmc still has fires.
now there(toyota) is just as bad as everyone else.
and like i said, these issue's toyota are having are scary serious issue's.
i wouldn't want my daughter to have this happen to her, she is 17.
do you think she was the knowledge we have? i think not.
or in florida they allow kids to start driving at 14 or 15 with a permit.
we didn't allow my son nor daughter to drive, when they were able by law.
we made them wait a year & learn, the how to's 1st for a long time.
i would take them way before they were able by law to drive ,to a private parking lot,
and teach them. so i can say my kids know what to do, i can say yes, for my son.
but my daughter is school smart, but not as sharp as she need's to be ,if i think this
would happen to her. she to ,being young would panic. as well as many other's no matter what there age is.
like i said if they had a vehicle that did these thing, with a teacher with a 2nd set of gas & brake & steering wheel,
could teach every new driver.
or make it manditory for everyone to go through a class of such issue's,
i belive it could benifit, everyone in the end.
not all of us, can be expert driver's.
i have read here, acciddents, totalled toyota's, i flipped my tundra, etc.
when other's would have just been able to control what issue it was,
and continue on down the road safty to there home.
so many might say people can't drive, & blame the driver, when all in a way is to be blamed for this.
1 of my attorney's once said:
but for the gas pedal going into a full throttle by itself, that will not release, this wouldn't be a issue period.
so by law, it is the automaker's fault, they produced the vehicle. so 90% or more of the fault is the automakers fault.
same goes with the rutedd frame's, what if you were driving, and the car broke in 2, i guess many of you would know exactly what to do. you have no idea how the vehicle is going to react, i hope you know. it's going to happen sooner or later.
i seen here some really bad frame's. even i ,wouldn't know how to react until it happens. i would have to see, what i have, and if i still could control the vehicle.
just food for thought.
my .02 cent's.
gorilla

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think the same thing on Ford and Chevy taking all these awards lately. JD Power and what not, come on. Are they really using new manufactures and processes to keep up with Toyota quality. I don't think so. It's the same sh1t sandwich in a shinny new wrapper. Watch all the fools bite. It kills me to say that too, I'm a Navy veteran, a union worker, and believe to my core the U.S.A. is where I belong. I just wish the big 3 didn't stick it to me so hard. I'll never go back but I do wish them well. America needs the auto industry. I do feel a bit better knowing my truck was assembeled in USA. But like I said how are these "new" models all of a sudden best in class and better crash ratings and so on. You don't think the media would try to stear public opinion on misleading "facts" do you?

·
Registered
184 Posts
When all this started and the News stations took off with it I saw through the smoke. News stations my ***.... more like Politically Overrun Media Campaign stations. Do you honestly think Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc. ran with all this on their own??? The "Big 3" were filling those pockets with all the bailout money they received. Not only them, but the people on Capitol Hill were lobbied beyond belief as well, which led them to ousting Toyota officials before any full investigation could have been completed. They all took drastic action to slam Toyota before anyone exactly knew what was going on. Agenda driven by the "Big 3"???

I'm glad Toyota is making a comeback from all this crap. Everyone I talk to that owns a Toyota, including myself, still plan on never owning anything but a Toyota. No auto manufacturer can make a line of cars that will be trouble free. They all have issues. Everything today is about making things cheaper and getting a bigger profit from that. It will never end.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I think that there's more to this drive by wire problem and its not manufacturer specific. Last week while I was at work one of our idling hysters with a gm engine and drive by wire revved up all by itself with nobody on the truck. Something is emitting something that is effecting these systems and now that nasa is helping toyota perhaps the real cause can be discovered and dealt with.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I read something today in petersen 4x4 about it being electromagnetic waves interfering with the systems. Not sure how true it is but they mentioned something about having some kinda device that emitted these waves put near a DBW throttlebody and the idle jumped.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Totally agree with Cajun on this one. You can say what you want, but Toyota has problems right now that they brought on themselves by the secretive way they handled this problem they obviously knew about years ago. And yes the media is going way overboard with this. Toyota makes a great product but they have problems like every other car company out there, right now theres is just more than usual for Toyota.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I think that there's more to this drive by wire problem and its not manufacturer specific. Last week while I was at work one of our idling hysters with a gm engine and drive by wire revved up all by itself with nobody on the truck. Something is emitting something that is effecting these systems and now that nasa is helping toyota perhaps the real cause can be discovered and dealt with.

Its the:alien::alien::alien: playing with remote controls :D the sooner they take over this stinky government and enslave us the better.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Its the:alien::alien::alien: playing with remote controls :D the sooner they take over this stinky government and enslave us the better.

this happened a long time ago. they're good at what they do. you still believe you live in a democracy. HA!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Sorry but we have totalitarian government. Another 10 years and everyone will be like those ginny pigs. Government is brainwashing everyone anyway. Lets bow for the dictator :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts