Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

So my uncle had a 2008 Tacoma and had done a shock upgrade. So I used the stock shocks from the Tacoma and placed them on my 2002 Tundra. I gained a much stiffer ride and ride height about 3 inches more. Not sure if this is a set up to keep. Lemme know what you guys think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a set of '20 taco shocks and have been noodling the idea. Get some hub to fender measurements and flex pics. I can tel the springs look beefier. But everything i read said the spring rates were pretty close.

extend your bumpstops.
Thanks I’ll look into that.
I reused the Tundra springs, placed them in the Taco shocks
View attachment 159433
Damn son

·
Registered
02 AC 4x4 v8
213 Posts
View attachment 159432
View attachment 159431
So my uncle had a 2008 Tacoma and had done a shock upgrade. So I used the stock shocks from the Tacoma and placed them on my 2002 Tundra. I gained a much stiffer ride and ride height about 3 inches more. Not sure if this is a set up to keep. Lemme know what you guys think.

I think it's time for some new brakes and calipers. And correct spacers.

·
Registered
2006 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
213 Posts
I've got a set of '20 taco shocks and have been noodling the idea. Get some hub to fender measurements and flex pics. I can tel the springs look beefier. But everything i read said the spring rates were pretty close.

extend your bumpstops.
View attachment 159433

I forgot to add the washers for bumpstock extension when I installed new 5100s, or more honestly, missed it in the instructions until it was months later...
Great reminder to see if I can find those!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts