Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 rock Warrior and I originally was going with a OME setup to fit 295/70/17 nitto TG on the rock warrior wheels. Anyways I contacted a local shop off of a recommendation from another member and the shop talked me into spending a little more money and going with the ICON stage 1 setup.

Anyways I went with it paid them in full for the ICON stuff and for the tires. They told me it would be a week and a half and I'd pay labor when it was done.

Here's the problem It Was OVER a MONTH ago!!!!! The guys at the shop are very friendly and take my calls and agree it should NOT take this long but they say ICON is the problem. I call ICON and they are also friendly but will not give me any info on the order but say that it shouldn't take that long either.

Has anyone else had a problem with ICON shipping or is this shop up to something fishy?

I'm not even sure how to cancel this entire thing and go to another place if the shop is the problem.

Am I expecting too much to have parts in less than a month?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Call Icon and get an owner or manager on the line. That's unacceptable for them not to offer any info on your paid for parts availability.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They sent my stuff out next day on Tuesday might be a problem with your shop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They sent my stuff out next day on Tuesday might be a problem with your shop.
thats what I'm starting to think

when I called ICON a week ago they wouldn't give me info because I purchased from their "authorized re-seller" (the shop)

this sucks ..... never had anything cool done to my truck and jump off the cliff and its going no where but out of my walet...

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should try to get your money back . Then find a good repitable reseller . What was the name of the shop you ordered the stuff from ? See if you can get your money back then try ordering the stuff from wheelersoffroad.com they are a good shop . usually cheapest too .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think Icon is the problem...They are usually really good on the orders. Maybe it's the shop! Are they an authorized dealer?? Go to Icon's website and get the dealers around your area. If you can get your money back GET IT? Don't deal with that kind of shop!!! Hopefully you get your money or your orders. I love my stage 1 worth the money....

·
Registered
328 Posts
ICON gets very busy building the shocks. From the time the an order is placed, it usually takes about 2 weeks for the product to ship out. Maybe 3 if they are swamped. We try our best to keep the common Coilovers and shocks in stock to avoid wait times. I would think that if you called them, they would be able to give you an eta for your parts. I would get a hold of ICON and see if they do have an Order (PO) from the company you are dealing with. If they don't, then I would recommend getting your money back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll have a set of icon coilovers for sale hopefully this week if this doesn't work out. :)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Mine came in 4 days after the order was placed. Sounds like ICON has a large back-log or the re-seller is jerking you around.

Well worth a wait though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.