Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this is the right place..
I recently acquired an '09 Gen2 DC and have been considering upgrading the stock head unit.
It came with what "looks" to be a factory bluetooth unit in the overhead center console - at least it looks to be OEM by the fit, but I can't find any reference to it anywhere...
I'm asking, 'cus it works fine, but if I swap out the stock HU, the one I will chose will [probably] have BT installed, and make the unit I have obsolete.

I've attached some pics.. Shows the unit in the front drop-down with the mic behind the card holder, the inside of the device and an attached unit labeled "Bestar" with a manufacturing date? and part # ??

hope someone can identify the unit.. 'cus I can't find anything on the web about it.
I'm also asking 'cus I might want to try and power my dashcam off it's wiring (if I'm not using it) instead of running the cams wiring across the mirror and down the to the fuse box by the drivers kick panel.
Thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:
For others.. it looks like it's a BlueConnect unit (watch?v=Y2Q3XHayAUE) from autointelligence.com
Howto use: watch?v=EuEBnhw_LHs
Headliner Install: watch?v=w_m-9HGGesg

It is a standalone BT unit with ZERO factory audio integration.
Links above are youtube

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
csfuser
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing