Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on I20 coming home form the track and the truck just died .... i was off the gas just coasting and it droped below 1000rpm and just diedd... all my guages are fine oil. gas. timp. bat.. everything and the truck runs great its just now if i let off the gas or im sitting in line and bk it will die.....

what the hell is wrong with my truck.....lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am not the most mechanically inclined, but I did a quick search on google for what you were experiencing and it seems like the IACV(Idle Air Control Valve) needs to either be cleaned or replaced. I may be wrong so maybe someone else can come and elaborate, but that is just what I found, hope I can help!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would also be looking at the mass air flow sensor. MAF I've seen many a chevy do just what you are describing. They ususally
idle down very rough and die. You really need a scan tool to even start. Go out and smack the top of the maf a few times and see
if it momentarily will help.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Clean the throttlebody. I clean mine every 15k miles and it doesnt die anymore. This is a very common concern, and it usually always is a dirty throttle body, especially if there is no check engine light until after the truck dies.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well guys i got the throttle body almost all the way off and dicided that i needed a little more room to work.. so i un hook my volant intake and open the box to take the filter off and guess what... it was already off lol ... it wasnt put back on after going to the track... now i feel like a dumbass.. but i would rather feel like a dumbass than have a brokenass truck..hahaha.. but thanks everyone for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts