Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone please tell me if the running board lights come on when you use your remote to unlock you doors,like the cargo light does. or when you physically open the door? would like to know before I buy them for my 06 double cab

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Puddle/Running board lights are located inside the door, so they are on when the door is opened.

The running lights are on at all times, lights off or on. They are the turn signals, just on a dimmer setting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 04 running board lights come on when I unlock doors with key fob.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No i don't, i got an 04. Didnt notice you were talking about 07's till after i posted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
They were dealer installed option at some dealers, the factory boards on the '04's dont have lights. The lights are directly connected to the floorboard courtesy light.

·
Registered
369 Posts
could someone please tell me if the running board lights come on when you use your remote to unlock you doors,like the cargo light does. or when you physically open the door? would like to know before I buy them for my 06 double cab
For 2004 and later model year Toyota Color Keyed Lighted Running Boards, if installed in accordance with these instructions--as I did on my '06 DC--your running board lights will follow the operation of the interior light "S3" (as described, but poorly identified in those instructions). S3 is the small light just under the lower edge of the dash, approximately under the steering column.

That means any illumination characteristic of S3, like
- "on" at door opening,
- delayed-off after door closing,
- "off" upon door lock with remote or engine start, and
- fade-to-off :cool: after delay.

G

·
I am trying to wire my leds to my courtesy lights on the drivers side footwell and am having problems. I cannot get the leds to function the same as the courtesy lights. They will not go out when the courtesy lights do. I have exhausted myself trying to figure this out!!! I have my led power to the power side of the courtesy lights and if I ground the other side or connect it to the "other" wire of the courtesy light the leds do not go off....EVER.

There is always power to the courtesy lights even when it times off or goes off with the key fob.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

·
AKA blackmbj
718 Posts
For 2004 and later model year Toyota Color Keyed Lighted Running Boards, if installed in accordance with these instructions--as I did on my '06 DC--your running board lights will follow the operation of the interior light "S3" (as described, but poorly identified in those instructions). S3 is the small light just under the lower edge of the dash, approximately under the steering column.

That means any illumination characteristic of S3, like
- "on" at door opening,
- delayed-off after door closing,
- "off" upon door lock with remote or engine start, and
- fade-to-off :cool: after delay.
Your link to "These Instructions" does not work. I'm interested in what these instuctions are and how I could use them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Your link to "These Instructions" does not work. I'm interested in what these instuctions are and how I could use them.
Link was good at the time, but now probably broken due to the loss of the TSB and Knowledge Base content that we used to have :(. See if the attached pdf file helps.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts