Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I wanna say that this really is a great board! I've been lurking for about a month now, and I finally picked up my Sequoia yesterday from Longo Toyota. I have some really funny stories about all the dealers here in this area. It's really crazy what these guys think. They really underestimate the consumer. Anyway, here it is, 4X2 Limited. With some junk on it. Let me know what you think. I just slapped together the album. Thanks. http://community.webshots.com/user/jaos_suv

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats! I got my Tundra a couple of weeks ago and like it more every day. You will soon know what I mean. I just completed my break in period so watch out!

I too lurked for a while and later asked a bunch of questions over the months which helped me a great deal when I did buy. I don't think the dealers underestimate the average customer, they just underestimate the smart and well informed ones like us (thanks to this website).

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
DAMN, TIGHT @$$ RIDE!!

JAOS,

welcome to TS!! i saw your Username a while ago and was waiting for you to post. kinda figured you were a JAOS fan! :D you've got yourself one of the tightest modded out Sequoias. :cool: must say one of the best sequoia's that i've seen! do you work for JAOS or are just a big fan of their products. i originally was going to go for the offroad look w/ JAOS products, but decided to go for the street look. again BAD @$$ ride!!

you should bring your ride to the So Cal gathering at Dockweiler.

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all the feedback and the warm welcomes. Yes I do work for JAOS, so I do have a little unfair advantage Red :D But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind sharing my position with my TS brothers!! FYI, I took a Sequoia to SEMA last November, and I have a used Bull Bar and Skid Plate if anyone is interested, I already sold the Rear Skid Bar.

Simias, when and where is the gathering, I never really saw a post on it? I would love to go if I'm available. I was seriously debating the the hardcore offroad look on this truck, or the street look. I was going to go with a 17" wheel with All-Terrain tires but decided to go with the 18's instead. Guys, give me your opinion on the Roof Rack, with or without? I'm leaning towards without but give me some input. I definately would have gone with had I gone with the AT's. But I'm unsure at this point. Need your professional opinions.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Which SEMA show was that. I went to the one in October in Vegas and I went by the JAOS stand. I don't remember a Seq in the display, I thought there was a Montero or something like that....it's been awhile so I may be mistaken....did you guys even have a vehicle on display...:confused: Hmmm don't mind me, I'm probably loosing my mind. :( Was the Seq in the gold lot?

How much for the Bull Bar? Will it fit a Tundra?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
JAOS,

i knew that you worked for JAOS! :D i read the article on the JAOS Adventure Rally USA and saw your name. anyways, it's good to know that you found this site!

definitely get the roof rack and the remote controlled spotlight too! :cool: i special ordered mine w/out because i was going for the street look, but if i would have went for the off road look i would definitely get the JAOS roofrack. only problem is you'd have to park outside.

stop by Dockweiler Beach on April 21st. check out this link:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=954

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red:

The SEMA show was last years 2001 show. It was parked right outside the building where the buses picked up, i dont remember what lot. Where you there?

Simias:

My only concern with the roofrack and search light is the clearence with garages and stuff.

Oh by the way guys, if anyone is interested in the rims I have on my truck. I have a set just like them but machine finished not chrome for sale. Brand new. email me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
JAOS said:
Simias:
My only concern with the roofrack and search light is the clearence with garages and stuff.
yeah, you'd definitely have to stay out of any parking structures. :D

·
Tundra Solutions Founder
1,714 Posts
Please upload some photos into My Photos Thanks!

JAOS said:
First I wanna say that this really is a great board! I've been lurking for about a month now, and I finally picked up my Sequoia yesterday from Longo Toyota. I have some really funny stories about all the dealers here in this area. It's really crazy what these guys think. They really underestimate the consumer. Anyway, here it is, 4X2 Limited. With some junk on it. Let me know what you think. I just slapped together the album. Thanks. http://community.webshots.com/user/jaos_suv

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will do first thing tomorrow, I don't have pics saved on this computer. I have to do it at work. wow, who knew that this thread would move back up to the top?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts