Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a jacked up week of rain and harsh winds here in Southern California I was looking forward to getting my tundra all cleaned up for a nice avatar for the forums.

Today I wake up and clay and wax my truck and it feels so smooth, I was pretty proud. I didn't get a chance to get the pictures I desired because I was already running late to pick up my wife to catch a television taping. I pick up the wife we head to Hollywood and I end up parking on a really narrow street(they are all narrow) I have this feeling that my truck is going to get jacked up. I pull the mirror in and I look at the curb I see that i can still get a bit closer to the curb, but I think it'll be alright.

We get out of the taping and we get to my truck, from a far it looks fine and great. I walk up to the front and I notice a line on my fender and immediately tell my wife somebody hit us.

Anyways here a few images of the damage the first is the only image of my truck in it's new condition and the rest are of the damage.

Does anyone know what this might cost me to have it repaired?. I already sent my dealer an e-mail with the images to get an estimate.

It's a sad day

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
o that really sucks but it look like it can be poped back in to place a good body shop should be able to fix that

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Damn, that's terrible. That's one of the reasons why I park as far away from other cars/people as possible. I hope you get it worked out quickly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Too bad. Gotta hate those narrow streets. I think a couple hundred at the most, but that's if a good shop can't get it popped out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always park far away and away from everyone else.

I should of parked at the Grove, but I honestly never had been by the CBS studio and didn't have any idea what the parking would be like. Next time I'll take the time to park further away.

·
Registered
115 Posts
go figure this much..at least you were not in truck and it did not get totaled like the other guy in the forum here..the bad luck is done and over with....
id replace that fender and not even take a chance on bondo...looks like it has a crease in it...you know ..the dealers in san grabriel valley in Los angeles ..take it to holmes body shop in pasedena. (including porche).they have that laser alignment deal and computer paint matching...you got silver...and a little off it will show..right away...save the dealer mark up...they will just take it there anyways...so ..take it there straight...

hope that
helps
Lemon

·
Registered
548 Posts
damn, that sucks.
dont knock yourself for where you parked, idiots are everywhere.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holmes is on Colorado right?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
ummm... well... it will cost about 1200-1700 bucks... well thats if you dont report it to the insurance company... i recommend you do ... because then you only pay your deductible... but hey your call

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does Longo take to holmes or do they do their repairs in house?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ummm... well... it will cost about 1200-1700 bucks... well thats if you dont report it to the insurance company... i recommend you do ... because then you only pay your deductible... but hey your call
I was debating on wether to file a claim or not. It obviously sounds like I should seriously consider it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn, that sucks.
dont knock yourself for where you parked, idiots are everywhere.
Thanks for the encouragment. I felt really bad at first:cry: now I'm just concerned about getting it fixed.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I was debating on wether to file a claim or not. It obviously sounds like I should seriously consider it.
when was the last time you filed a claim??? how is your driving record??? can you afford to pay without filing a claim... these are things you have to ask youself... obviously it is better to take care of it yourself because if you do file a claim it puts a mark against you on any insurance company you want to go with... and this could end up costing you thousands in the ensuing years... but this is also why we have insurance and if you dont file too many claims it is not going to matter

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sucks when someone hits your new truck. Right after we purchased our Toyota extended cab truck some azzhat backed into our bumper and bent it up about a half inch on one side. We just sold that truck and that was the only time anyone else hit it. Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when was the last time you filed a claim??? how is your driving record??? can you afford to pay without filing a claim... these are things you have to ask youself... obviously it is better to take care of it yourself because if you do file a claim it puts a mark against you on any insurance company you want to go with... and this could end up costing you thousands in the ensuing years... but this is also why we have insurance and if you dont file too many claims it is not going to matter
I honestly can't remember when the last time i filled a claim, must of been years ago. I had two accidents that were not my fault. Those were the only two claims.

I really don't want to pay anything out of pocket at this point.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks like your going to need a new fender and of course the paint work. I would get your insurance company in on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It sounds like it's better to take it to a body shop instead of the dealer. Marco's Auto Body - Home Page is just down the street from work. I'll stop by and get an estimate, one of my buddies swears by them.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
After a jacked up week of rain and harsh winds here in Southern California I was looking forward to getting my tundra all cleaned up for a nice avatar for the forums.

Today I wake up and clay and wax my truck and it feels so smooth, I was pretty proud. I didn't get a chance to get the pictures I desired because I was already running late to pick up my wife to catch a television taping. I pick up the wife we head to Hollywood and I end up parking on a really narrow street(they are all narrow) I have this feeling that my truck is going to get jacked up. I pull the mirror in and I look at the curb I see that i can still get a bit closer to the curb, but I think it'll be alright.

We get out of the taping and we get to my truck, from a far it looks fine and great. I walk up to the front and I notice a line on my fender and immediately tell my wife somebody hit us.

Anyways here a few images of the damage the first is the only image of my truck in it's new condition and the rest are of the damage.

Does anyone know what this might cost me to have it repaired?. I already sent my dealer an e-mail with the images to get an estimate.

It's a sad day
I know how you feel. I was setting in my truck in the parking lot of the local Target and a lady side swiped my front fender flair. That was 3 weeks ago and the local body shop can't get on to fix it!!!!:( :cry: Flickr: Photos from cashman35173

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know how you feel. I was setting in my truck in the parking lot of the local Target and a lady side swiped my front fender flair. That was 3 weeks ago and the local body shop can't get on to fix it!!!!:( :cry: Flickr: Photos from cashman35173
I had just read your post of your add ons and noticed the damaged flair. Why can't it be fixed does it have to be replaced?

I like the way your flairs look. How much did that cost you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts