Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2005 Toyota Sequoia Ltd and would like to buy a in dash DVD / Navigation system with the best possible fit. Any suggestions..

Thanx

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2005 Toyota Sequoia Ltd and would like to buy a in dash DVD / Navigation system with the best possible fit. Any suggestions..

Thanx
Welcome aboard!

Depends on what you are looking for. The only truely plug & play units would be the stock NAV units. All others will require some additional wiring and stock amplifier bypass. You may also loose your steering wheel controls, but an after-market programmable steering wheel controler can be used. The after-market NAV units provide the best features. The most popular are the Eclipse and Pioneer doulbe DIN units.

Search the boards, there are a bazillion threads on the subject.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Check the link in my signature, pretty much the same install process for a sequoia. I love the factory e7009 navigation unit!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Depends on what you are looking for. The only truely plug & play units would be the stock NAV units. All others will require some additional wiring and stock amplifier bypass. You may also loose your steering wheel controls, but an after-market programmable steering wheel controler can be used. The after-market NAV units provide the best features. The most popular are the Eclipse and Pioneer doulbe DIN units.

Search the boards, there are a bazillion threads on the subject.

Did you really have to by bypass the factory amp? i really dont want to do that for mine. Is there anyway you can install an eclipse nav system and still use the factory amp? also did you have to do any cutting od the surrounding dash for it to fit and be able to open properly? does yours sit back like the factory radio or does it sit flush witht the dash?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have been researching this same issue for a few months, waiting to upgrade the factory CD changer on my 2005 Sequoia Limited.
I started by noticing that a lot of people have Pioneer Avic systems. After reading more, and watching a ton of videos and reading endless forums...I started drifting over to Kenwood. I've pretty much made up my mind on the Kenwood dnx 6960. It's got 5V outputs (important for our JBL Sequoia amps), also it doesn't need a separate module for sirius (just a cable CA-SR20V). It uses Garmin Navigation which is the best in my opinion. I like the dedicated volume knobs. It supports a backup camera (CCD-2000). Finally, it interfaces with the Sequoia steering wheel controls (PAC SWI-JACK).
Don't get me wrong...the Pioneer and Eclipse models are also pretty amazing and can do all of these things. It's just that the combination of Garmin Nav and reliability that I've seen dealers write about make the Kenwood better in my opinion. Price is also pretty low on Amazon. my 2cents!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts