Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking at some new head-units and I'd like to put a In-Dash radio in my truck and I have a couple of questions about them. I was wondering how exactly they fit in there? what will I need to fill in the empty space? I looked on crutchfield and found a clarion they say fits our trucks, so will it just slide on in? Clarion VX409 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
What year is your truck? If it is an earlier 1st gen, then yes, it will go right in. If it is later (not sure which year changed), then you will have to purchase the spacers to cover the side gaps. When searching Crutchfield, click on "installation details" and it will tell you what you need. They are a good resource, but I would shop around before buying, as they tend to be kind of high. Here is mine in an 02, which didn't require the spacers. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/155305-kenwood-double-din-nav/

Edit. I don't know anything about that unit, but that looks like a good price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My truck is an 03, and i agree with their prices I ussually just use them for reveiws and referencing things

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I think for an 03, all you'll need is the wiring harness.

·
Registered
206 Posts
^ Toyota made the radio bezel wider for the 03's.

·
Registered
567 Posts
when you order from cruthfield you will get all the necessary install kits and wire harnesses that you will and sweet detailed instructions for the tundra for free. when you add the radio to your cart you will be able to see all the stuff you will get. i have an 05 and bought my radio from crutchfield and recieved everything including the sides for gap.

i attached a screenshot of what you will get. good luck.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
and i agree with their prices I ussually just use them for reveiws and referencing things
By the time you add the dash kit and wiring harness and free shipping the price on a head unit from crutchfield is usually very competative, and the fact that they are authorized resellers for all of the brands they sell makes it worth the price. The really cheap stuff on the internet is usually gray market stuff so buyer beware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts