Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to the door bell this morning and was greeted with these.:eek: Could'nt of been better timing since today is my day off. Now I'm waiting for my Firestone Destination MT's...:tu:

5100's

Old vs. New

Cleaned up and Icon's in!!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I want them!
I don't really, just wanted to join in.:D

Pretty sick bud, making me itchy. I have some parts on the way, should be here by the weekend. I wouldn't mind a nice set of Icon's though. Now go and get dirty, shame on you posting cleaned up pics of that!:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I always wanted to clean the inside someday and with all my free time, why not! Sorry ktaulbee, you missed it by 2 years lol, but to everyone else I'm going to keep them just in case I decide to sell the truck or whatever I can swap them out. More pics to come...

Tundrunk, I'm not going to ask what your getting, surprise us all!! M.A.D.ness at its best!:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Looks good :cool:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
And here I thought I had something you didn't.....ha! Looks great man. I'm still waiting to put mine on until after the Chevy's are on...and I'm still waiting on that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And here I thought I had something you didn't.....ha! Looks great man. I'm still waiting to put mine on until after the Chevy's are on...and I'm still waiting on that :rolleyes:
LOL!!:D I just look at your sig' and see what I want next!:crazy3d::tu:

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Whooraww! Very nice!:tu: How's the ride? Any status on your front bumper? I may have missed it somewhere if you posted...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whooraww! Very nice!:tu: How's the ride? Any status on your front bumper? I may have missed it somewhere if you posted...
Thanks! Ride so far is a little stiff, Icon says give a couple hundred miles to break in. But overall I like them, it takes pot holes, speed bumps, and the dirt on the side of the rode pretty well, it feels like more of the coilover is taking the hit instead of coming through the cab.

I'm working on the bumper, I've been looking at it and its not that bad. I was thinking about wrapping my tow strap around the bottom of the push bar where most of the impact happen and to the telephone pole in front of the house and back up to bend to straight again, well straighter at least. What I really need to do is just take the bumper off and bend it back out, just got to plan that for another day off...its a work in progress!!:tu:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'm working on the bumper, I've been looking at it and its not that bad. I was thinking about wrapping my tow strap around the bottom of the push bar where most of the impact happen and to the telephone pole in front of the house and back up to bend to straight again
With the JBA headers, you might end up pulling that pole out of the ground and putting a dent on your roof. :D

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the JBA headers, you might end up pulling that pole out of the ground and putting a dent on your roof. :D
Hahaha that would be a hard one to explain to the insurance company, ahhhh.....:D:tu:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'm pretty sure I don't have to ask, but how are those Icons treating you? Horrible? So sorry to hear that! Okay okay, I'll trade for my Toytecs just to make you feel better! :nod:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm pretty sure I don't have to ask, but how are those Icons treating you? Horrible? So sorry to hear that! Okay okay, I'll trade for my Toytecs just to make you feel better! :nod:
Hey your back, busy on your truck I'm sure. ;):tu: Con's are good, still a little firm, have'nt really drove the truck that much to break them in, but overall I like them. They really come into there own when at high speed. I have less body roll compared to the 5100's and I have no sway bars.

Now I just need to get some new meats; get rid of these stocky 265's and get my 285's back again, and then, and then, and then,...(you know the deal)! I'll have to wait about 10 days for that, I'm leaving tomorrow for a backpacking trip, so we'll see then. Later!:tu:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: Got back out from the hills toady. This was the first time I've taken the Icon's offroading other then the sides of roads and all I have to say is wow!!:shocked3d: I love these coilovers! They take rocks, ruts, boulders, everything like a 37" tire aired down to 10psi. Handles much better...it feels like more of the coilover and the UCA's are working rather then the truck it self.

Sorry but no pictures, I forgot to put new batteries in it.:rolleyes: Overall I'm in heaven, and I can't wait till I get my new tires, I'm hoping a bigger tire will add to my happiness!!:tu: Ahhh this reminds me, I need to go clean my uniballs... See ya guys...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts