Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I let it rip the first time today. VSC off, bout 3/4 or so throttle, left lovely black stripes for about 20ft or so. Didnt want to fully let it go, only have around 650 miles on it. Gotta let it get fully broken in before I completely take the reigns off. Anybody else flog on theirs a little yet? It was fun... :devil: :D

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yeah, a little bit.....70-100 is pretty damn quick. Did it last night and scared the he!! out of my mom.

The thing of it is, it wanted more.....

·
Registered
440 Posts
what tires do you have on there right now?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what tires do you have on there right now?
Mine are the stock Michelins. Dont know the speed rating.

I got it up around 100mph today, and it was beggin to do 120+ but Im not THAT crazy...:D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll state the obvious...

This thread is useless without pictures! :D
Yeah, I know. I figured that was coming but youll just have to take my word for it this time. Next time Ill do a full on smoke roast and get in progress pics or maybe a vid to make up for this one.:tu:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Another reason to own a short box regular cab. :cool:

The smoke would be too far back to appreciate with an access / quad cab. Rather like a train front car trying to watch as the caboose spins its tires. :D

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
you mean stripe of course. this truck does not leave 2. the a-lsd prevents that.
Um, nope. That's exactly what the Auto LSD does: prevents one wheel from spinning relative to the other, therefore, both spin together. The guy said he left two black patches, no reason not to believe that...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welp, I let it rip the first time today. VSC off, bout 3/4 or so throttle, left lovely black stripes for about 20ft or so. Didnt want to fully let it go, only have around 650 miles on it. Gotta let it get fully broken in before I completely take the reigns off. Anybody else flog on theirs a little yet? It was fun... :devil: :D
I'm very curious to see what time the reg cab short box 2wd will do in the 1/4 mile drag strip.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont know what to tell you guys. I did the procedure as it says to in the book, which in my understanding turns off all the Vehicle Stability Control, TRAC, and Auto LSD. I pushed the button once, to turn TRAC off, which enables the Auto LSD, I then pushed it again and held it in for 3 seconds, at which time both the TRAC off indicator light comes on as does the VSC off light. I thought this disabled all the safety nanny devices. And I left 2 distinct stripes on the road, I went back to look and make sure as I was expecting a single one as yall were. But there were 2 fairly uniform parallel stripes about 15-20ft long.

Im not promising anything, but if I get a chance tomorrow Ill go back to the spot and snap a couple pics. But honestly, why would I lie.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, a little bit.....70-100 is pretty damn quick. Did it last night and scared the he!! out of my mom.

The thing of it is, it wanted more.....
They do want more, but sadly there is a speed limiter that kicks in not to far from 100. I think she tops out at about 110 or 120..........

120 is really fast for a truck this size anyway. I ran mine pretty hard from the get go all the way to vegas and back. Motor just sorta fades out at 110 or so, I think the speedo goes to 120.............:D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I got mine to 120 while passing a farm truck....didnt even realize it until I looked at speedo. Yeah this truck could get you in real trouble!

Does anyone know posted top speed? Manual only lists 96 in third or 91 if 4.3. Also interesting is mine came with "h" rated tires (130mph) as part of the TSS package.;)

Yes this truck will difinitely leave two black stripes in ALSD, trust me on this!
The 5.7 is a beast! :tu:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got mine to 120 while passing a farm truck....didnt even realize it until I looked at speedo. Yeah this truck could get you in real trouble!

Does anyone know posted top speed? Manual only lists 96 in third or 91 if 4.3. Also interesting is mine came with "h" rated tires (130mph) as part of the TSS package.;)

Yes this truck will difinitely leave two black stripes in ALSD, trust me on this!
The 5.7 is a beast! :tu:
What is the TSS package? What is included?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm very curious to see what time the reg cab short box 2wd will do in the 1/4 mile drag strip.
Mine ran a 14.181, you can see the thread and time slips in my sig. And yes this truck will leave two black marks, I've made some about 30ft long before I just had to let off the gas.:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts