Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer Issues, I seriously regret leasing this POS. '07 Ltd Max. The truck is stunning, powerful and comfortable. In Canada it gets cold. At -23 celcius I have serious issues, sporadic function of ABS, stability control/VSC and the worst thing no F*ING SPEEDOMETER WTF. The first time I had it towed, I was told by the "service manager" the battery was hooped..... the next time "we forgot to reset the ecm" the next time there is no problem. Well again in Canada we get snow, cold weather etc, no abs etc 400hp... = certain death. Kingsway Toyota does not recognize the problem, to further the difficulties these retards took away the service loaner program and are leaving there customers high and dry. If you live in Edmonton, avoid the hassles and Kingsway Toyota. Go to Mayfield Toyota or anyone else. I guess it's not as bad as Dick Poe in El Paso Texas (youtube).

· Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,574 Posts
Sounds like these guys aren't looking for repeat customers.

Most people posting on this forum who drive in cold (myself included) haven't had any significant problems with the Tundra in the cold. It's -32 today, and my '07 truck started, drove, stopped, and indicated speed without hiccup.

Clearly not all vehicles like all temperatures, and in extremes of service small problems become big problems!

Batteries definitely don't like the cold, especially if they're left in low voltage situations for prolonged periods = freeze. Hope fixing the battery (and resetting computer) fixes your problem.

Have you contacted Toyota Canada about your service frustrations?

· Premium Member
2,246 Posts
It was 30f here in san antonio, my POS works fine.

· Jedi Ninja in Training
8,390 Posts
Do they force you go to a certain dealer in Canada, or is the choice up to the individual?

If it was happening to me, and my preferred dealer couldn't figure it out, I'd go visit another and report the 1st one's incompetence to Toyota. I suppose I'm lucky, I have close to 10 Toyota dealers within 30 minutes of me...but then again, I've had no issues with my Tundra.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, After numerous calls to Kingsway Toyota and Toyota Canada refusing to believe that a 50 year plus company does not have an issue resolution system, I received a number used by Toyota that identifies the problem who I am and the issue with the service dept. at the dealership. They are now involved and seem genuinely interested in helping me.

Realizing that not all trucks are perfect, this particular POS has been a nightmare. I am in sales and represent a Japanese manufacturer, many colleagues drive Tundra's and have had ZERO issues. Not Me, with 22,500 km's I cannot wait for month 36 of this lease to give it back. Would I consider another Toyota, absolutely..... From Kingsway Toyota Not a chance in hell.

· Jedi Ninja in Training
8,390 Posts
Wait, so "Yes", they force you to use the dealer you got the truck from for service...that sucks a$$ if it's true.:td:

At least now that Toyota is involved it sounds like you stand a chance of getting it fixed properly.

· Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,574 Posts
Wait, so "Yes", they force you to use the dealer you got the truck from for service...that sucks a$$ if it's true.:td:

At least now that Toyota is involved it sounds like you stand a chance of getting it fixed properly.
Maybe if leased, but even then I doubt it. It may be that this is the most convenient dealer to take it to. Or after two or three visits, maybe you get stubborn and you REALLY want them to fix it, rather than start over at another dealer. Where I live I only have one dealer within 4 hours' drive of me, and their service department seems decent. Their sales department isn't so great, when I wanted to discuss price their response was "Look at the window sticker".

But no, your Toyota Canada warranty is good at any Toyota dealer, whether in Canada or USA.

· Registered
401 Posts
**** went down hill at Kingway toyota since they moved the lexus dealer out of the same building now it seems to be run by a bunch of idiots. We took our lexus in there once when the lexus dealer was to busy.And wow what a bunch of idiots. I will never go back.

i would now try the new toyota dealer in town well kinda in town the one out in sherwood park. as new dealers wanting to gain costumers work just a little bit harder.

· Registered
30 Posts
Im a fellow Edmontonian, if you can get away from that dealer go to Wetaskiwan. Toyota City was excellent, my salesman was extremely knowledgable and since my purchase, there hasnt been a thing they wouldnt do for me.
I too hate scabby dealers, I shop around for the dealer more than I shop around for the truck. Good Luck!

· Registered
20 Posts
Yes, After numerous calls to Kingsway Toyota and Toyota Canada refusing to believe that a 50 year plus company does not have an issue resolution system, I received a number used by Toyota that identifies the problem who I am and the issue with the service dept. at the dealership. They are now involved and seem genuinely interested in helping me.

Realizing that not all trucks are perfect, this particular POS has been a nightmare. I am in sales and represent a Japanese manufacturer, many colleagues drive Tundra's and have had ZERO issues. Not Me, with 22,500 km's I cannot wait for month 36 of this lease to give it back. Would I consider another Toyota, absolutely..... From Kingsway Toyota Not a chance in hell.
Jim Pattison Toyota in Surrey is not very far from you.

· Registered
401 Posts
Jim Pattison Toyota in Surrey is not very far from you.
He is not talking about the toyota dealer in Vancouver on Kingsway. He is talking about the dealer called Kingsway toyota in Edmonton . So yes the dealer in surrey would be a long ways away unless you think 1200 +km is not far.

· Registered
55 Posts
I have also had my run-ins with Jeremy at Kingsway. Absolutely the worst guy ever to deal with. I bought my 06 Tundra there and had not one single good experience with the service department. They messed up both of my headlights because they don't know how to adjust them and tried to blame it on me, and the last time I was there, one of the techs backed my truck into a light post while I was watching. He never said a word to anybody! Once I got the customer relations person involved, I made them buy me a new bumper and 2 new headlight housings which I installed myself. I took it in for an oil change once and they didn't even change the oil after having it all day. Brutal. Sorry to hear about your truck having so many issues- it's definitely not the norm. I would take it to Mayfield before anywhere else. I've had a couple of minor issues with them, but for the most part they are ok. I don't know about Sherwood Park's service department, but I know that I walked around the showroom for almost 45 minutes and not one person offered to help me out or even walked up to me for that matter. I can only hope that the service department would be better...Good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.