Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start beefing up the audio system in my 04 Limited and wanted to see if anyone has suggestions for inconspicuous installation of amplifiers. My main goal is to try and lose as little cargo space as possible. I will be installing a 4 ch Eclipse amp first and then a 2 Channel sub amp that I still need to purchase. Any comments and photos are greatly appreciated. Thanks all...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is under the drivers seat, you can barely see it from the back seats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed a prior discussion that made the same suggestion but said to remove the air ducts and adhere a board to the floor. Then secure amp to board. Did you do the same thing? How did you secure unit?

That seems like a great spot but, def. don't want to mess with the heating/cooling system.

Thanks for the input.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My sub amp, sub and box and mounted to this

Which is bolted through the floor of my cargo area like this

Here's another shot of the rack before paint.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Wow!! Do you need a heavier spring for that side of the truck? LOL!! That's awesome! I'll see if I can find a picture of the JL Audio sub I was looking at...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Okay, I'm not sure where I'm going to put the amp but this is the box I wanted to get. JLAudio makes a sub to fit in the rear drivers side compartment. Looks like they are around $530. My wife still needs to be able to put the stroller and groceries in the back, so this would take up no extra room. I don't know what amp to use, but I'm hoping I can fit one under the drivers seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Czech...That is awesome. I suppose you can pull that thing with a couple of disconnects if need be as well. That really does look great.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Czech...That is awesome. I suppose you can pull that thing with a couple of disconnects if need be as well. That really does look great.
The sub box I can take off pretty quickly. I used threaded inserts in the bottom of the box and it is held down through the top shelf of the rack with large wing nut type bolts. You can just see the large black wing nut ends on the bolts in the picture under the sub box.
The rack is bolted through the chassis floor, so that is not easy to remove.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Okay, I'm not sure where I'm going to put the amp but this is the box I wanted to get. JLAudio makes a sub to fit in the rear drivers side compartment. Looks like they are around $530. My wife still needs to be able to put the stroller and groceries in the back, so this would take up no extra room. I don't know what amp to use, but I'm hoping I can fit one under the drivers seat.

I had the JL Stealth box installed in January and am 100% satisfied. They mounted a 350 watt Alpine amp under my drivers seat. The sound quality is substantially better than i expected. I have been very very pleased with this.

I did not install the amp so i'm not sure how it is secured, i'll try to check it out this weekend though.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
A really nice small footprint amp are the Alpine PDX's. I have a PDX 1.600 I use for sub duty in my workshop along with a PDX 2.150 for a set of comps in ported boxes.
They are very small and you can stack up to three of them on top of one another.

Eclipse also makes some nice small full-range class D amps built on that same Bang an Olafson "Ice Power" concept.

another option might be to build a sub-floor in the rear cargo area to house the amp, or amps. That way you'd only sacrifice 5 or 6 inches in height, but still have a large flat surface to haul kids and groceries with.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Still not a good deal on the JL Stealthbox sub. I looked it up, and is lists the discounted price at $599. You can go to Crutchfield and get it for $539.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts