Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, finally got to drive an 07 today. My Tundra/Sierra debate is over is all I can say, WOW!!! One question. Looking at the plastic piece of the dash it appears that the individual holes are just a big over-piece with one big instrument cluster beneath it. Any opinions? I'm wondering if that is the case how long before the aftermarket comes out with a replacemnt for the big slab of grey with maybe a single large opening, or shallower holes??

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like a single dash instrument cluster also. I was surprised to see the gauge pods. I think the Toyota engineers thought it would be cool to look like single gauge pods for the instruments or sporty. :confused: Kinda have to lean one way or the other to see the gauges, a little annoying, but I can deal with it. :tu:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think pretty much all automobiles today (aside from the super-expensive Bentlies, Rollers, etc) have a 1-pc instrument cluster with some sort of stylized surround trim.

If you need an upside for the deep holes they are good at keeping glare off. :eek:

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
The funny thing is that if the Tundra came with a single open dash panel view of all gauges, many on this forum would be anxiously looking for a dash trim upgrade to apply the look of the individual gauges for a more sporty, customized, racing-style appearance... ;)

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
The funny thing is that if the Tundra came with a single open dash panel view of all gauges, many on this forum would be anxiously looking for a dash trim upgrade to apply the look of the individual gauges for a more sporty, customized, racing-style appearance... ;)
Yup, there is just no possible way to please everyone.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I personally love the interior. With the exception of a few plastics, almost everything is very high quality. Look at the plastic graining, switchgear, instrumentation etc. It's all good stuff.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I thought about taking out my gray plastic all the way down to the shifter.. and sanding it a little.. then painting it black. It looks to me like the silver gauge surrounds are removable, so Ill leave them silver for looks.

still debating the whole thing. also might just have a paint shop shoot it.. but im sure i can do it with a can and some wet sanding.

·
Registered
86 Posts
if you want to see how the black would look, look at a base model as the gauge surround is black. I actually thought it looked pretty good. I personally thought that the wood trim that someone else has on a thread that goes around the top of the gauges would look good with the gauge portion blacked out. I thought it looked a little cheap with the silver showing in the center area.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
if you want to see how the black would look, look at a base model as the gauge surround is black. I actually thought it looked pretty good. I personally thought that the wood trim that someone else has on a thread that goes around the top of the gauges would look good with the gauge portion blacked out. I thought it looked a little cheap with the silver showing in the center area.
when i sand and paint it , it will look more like the radio though... so a little different

1 - 11 of 11 Posts