Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hearing this on a local FM radio station. On
the 25th of this month the new Tundra will be tested.
On the track, towing ability, braking ability. Also will
be tested on the strip. They will also have the
competition there to compare. I think tickets are
available. I wonder if they will allow my Ram to be
used as a competitive test vehicle? LOL!!

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
mr fobster - your username is hilarious. :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
I dont wanna be a hater but I dont belave your ram can get thoes times. thats faster the a tundra. have you ever had it dynoed? I'm interested in how much power your producing at the wheels. but if you are making those numbers thats fast and all I can say is lets race!:D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I was just there for the ama motorcycle fan day that they had. My motorcycle club did the stunt exibition. That is where we had our ride and drive and stock to stock, it is not even close. They ran all the trucks on the strip. Chevy and the titan did well. The hemi dodge was second to last and the ford was pitiful

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
I was just there for the ama motorcycle fan day that they had. My motorcycle club did the stunt exibition. That is where we had our ride and drive and stock to stock, it is not even close. They ran all the trucks on the strip. Chevy and the titan did well. The hemi dodge was second to last and the ford was pitiful
Was the Tundra there?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
of course it was, it was the little dot out in front getting smaller as the other trucks were trying to catch it
Nice, just making sure as you didn't mention it the first time.:D :tu:

·
Registered
113 Posts
When I was there last month I was talking to a track worker driving an Infineon Tundra truck. He said they had bought a bunch of Toyota vehicles including the new Tundras. Smart thing for Toyota to get then exposure at the track,

·
Banned
888 Posts
You dont want any part of an 07 Tundra
Ive done gained some respect here locally by the Hemi kids.Their mod list includes real HP makers (unlike your plug and play stuff) and they still
cant get within two trucks after 4th gear :cry:
Gets some LT's and a ported TB,better tuneing and just maybe youll actually post track times like you have in your sig :rolleyes:

It will take heads and cam to show me your tail lights :devil:

Been hearing this on a local FM radio station. On
the 25th of this month the new Tundra will be tested.
On the track, towing ability, braking ability. Also will
be tested on the strip. They will also have the
competition there to compare. I think tickets are
available. I wonder if they will allow my Ram to be
used as a competitive test vehicle? LOL!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where can i get tickets...im only like about a 15min drive from there...(vallejo right here)

I don't have the phone # for Infinion but I'm sure you
can find it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mr fobster - your username is hilarious. :D

hahah yea thanks....if your asian or even filipino you shoulod kinda get an idea of wat it means. but if your not and you still get it thats cool too

well so this event is going down for sure and again....where can i get tickets? sorry im too lazy to search right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You dont want any part of an 07 Tundra
Ive done gained some respect here locally by the Hemi kids.Their mod list includes real HP makers (unlike your plug and play stuff) and they still
cant get within two trucks after 4th gear :cry:
Gets some LT's and a ported TB,better tuneing and just maybe youll actually post track times like you have in your sig :rolleyes:

It will take heads and cam to show me your tail lights :devil:
Man!! I don't know where to begin with this post. Let me try.
First, If I get a 6.1L Hemi cam and LT headers I will be a mid
to high 13 second truck. On the track!!!! No BS'n either.
Unlike what your trying to say. Define "Real HP makers"?
Are you saying your stock Tundra is beating Hemi Rams
that have more than bolt-on mods???? Got to raise the BS
flag on this folks:rolleyes: Nice try though but I am not falling for
it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont wanna be a hater but I dont belave your ram can get thoes times. thats faster the a tundra. have you ever had it dynoed? I'm interested in how much power your producing at the wheels. but if you are making those numbers thats fast and all I can say is lets race!:D
Believe it!! It's true. I know of a HTC.com member
who has a QC Hemi with mods like mine and his
best time at Sacramento Raceway is a 14.77.
He doesn't have the Airaid MIT either. That was
good for 1/10th second easy!

Dyno's are to subjective to me. I can dyno at different
places and come up with very different numbers.
My best dyno number was a 266hp/300trq. My race weight
with me not in the truck is about 4850lbs. DO NOT DOUBT!!
BELIEVE!!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Man!! I don't know where to begin with this post. Let me try.
First, If I get a 6.1L Hemi cam and LT headers I will be a mid
to high 13 second truck. On the track!!!! No BS'n either.
Unlike what your trying to say. Define "Real HP makers"?
Are you saying your stock Tundra is beating Hemi Rams
that have more than bolt-on mods???? Got to raise the BS
flag on this folks:rolleyes: Nice try though but I am not falling for
it.
I really, really doubt youll be a mid 13 second truck w/ just the 6.1 cam and LTs. There are guys on the dodge forums in reg. cab trucks, tq conv., more aggressive cams, dr's and lts with ALOT of other mods running mid to high 13s. (Not to mention a couple blown trannies :eek: )

I will only post what Ive seen/read from reputable sources. I know, my truck is fairly quick straight outta the box. I know, it takes a LOT more than just bolt ons to get a dodge (that runs a best of 15.1s stock in reg. cab/sb 5.7 form) to mid 13s. Whereas Ive had some dodge guys telling me they drove the new Tundras on a test/tune day to a 14 flat 1/4, and the best of the day was a 13.8 in BONE STOCK trim of reg. cab/sb 5.7 Tundra. I wanna repeat that, that was direct from a current Dodge Ram owner, who doesnt want to buy a Tundra, who simply posted that on a Dodge forum.

So, unless youve added some other things that your simply not talking about, youll need alot more than a S/C tuner, Airaid MIT (which I had on my Dodge and it made 0 difference, switched back to stock and it ran better), and a Magnaflow muffler w/ your future additions of 6.1 cam and LTs. Youll need a tq converter, and probly some dr's to get there if your lucky.

Also, what track are you running at? As the times in your sig are from a s/c's and not actually track times. It may be close, but its not the same thing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really, really doubt youll be a mid 13 second truck w/ just the 6.1 cam and LTs. There are guys on the dodge forums in reg. cab trucks, tq conv., more aggressive cams, dr's and lts with ALOT of other mods running mid to high 13s. (Not to mention a couple blown trannies :eek: )

I will only post what Ive seen/read from reputable sources. I know, my truck is fairly quick straight outta the box. I know, it takes a LOT more than just bolt ons to get a dodge (that runs a best of 15.1s stock in reg. cab/sb 5.7 form) to mid 13s. Whereas Ive had some dodge guys telling me they drove the new Tundras on a test/tune day to a 14 flat 1/4, and the best of the day was a 13.8 in BONE STOCK trim of reg. cab/sb 5.7 Tundra. I wanna repeat that, that was direct from a current Dodge Ram owner, who doesnt want to buy a Tundra, who simply posted that on a Dodge forum.

So, unless youve added some other things that your simply not talking about, youll need alot more than a S/C tuner, Airaid MIT (which I had on my Dodge and it made 0 difference, switched back to stock and it ran better), and a Magnaflow muffler w/ your future additions of 6.1 cam and LTs. Youll need a tq converter, and probly some dr's to get there if your lucky.

Also, what track are you running at? As the times in your sig are from a s/c's and not actually track times. It may be close, but its not the same thing.

Don't forget I am not a QC Hemi Ram. Your right though. Mid
13's would be hard to achieve. More than likely a 13.9 to a 14.2 second 1/4 mile. I would probably need an electric
fan and lighter 20's to hit mid 13's. Problem with an aftermarket
Tq is wheel spin. Some gains are to be made but a lot is lost
with excessive wheel spin. Even with the LS rearend.

So far I haven't seen any times posted for any Tundra. None!!
I can post links galore showing all kinds of RCSB Hemi Rams w/3.92
gears with a SC FlashPaq, LT headers and a CAI running in
the 14.2-14.4 range. The fastest N/A RCSB Hemi Ram that I
know is modded like this. SC Flashpaq, Cam, CAI, Viper Electric
fan, 3.92 gears, LT headers W/elec. exhaust cutouts, 17" wheels.
He might have more but I think I have covered the most important
things. He runs 13.4's at well over 100mph.

The Airaid MIT has been proven by both a GTEch Pro SS and
my SC DAQ. A solid 1/10th improvement. I can show you why
if you care to learn. What eveidence do you have that no
gains were present other than your butt-dyno?;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Don't forget I am not a QC Hemi Ram. Your right though. Mid
13's would be hard to achieve. More than likely a 13.9 to a 14.2 second 1/4 mile. I would probably need an electric
fan and lighter 20's to hit mid 13's. Problem with an aftermarket
Tq is wheel spin. Some gains are to be made but a lot is lost
with excessive wheel spin. Even with the LS rearend.

So far I haven't seen any times posted for any Tundra. None!!
I can post links galore showing all kinds of RCSB Hemi Rams w/3.92
gears with a SC FlashPaq, LT headers and a CAI running in
the 14.2-14.4 range. The fastest N/A RCSB Hemi Ram that I
know is modded like this. SC Flashpaq, Cam, CAI, Viper Electric
fan, 3.92 gears, LT headers W/elec. exhaust cutouts, 17" wheels.
He might have more but I think I have covered the most important
things. He runs 13.4's at well over 100mph.

The Airaid MIT has been proven by both a GTEch Pro SS and
my SC DAQ. A solid 1/10th improvement. I can show you why
if you care to learn. What eveidence do you have that no
gains were present other than your butt-dyno?;)
Yeah, he blew his tranny out also if its HEMI450HP your talking about. He has ALOT of mods to run the times he does (custom intake, LTs, dual cutouts, 216 cam, s/cs w/ smt6, elec. fan, tq conv., traction bars and drs on lighter wheels), not to mention weight reduction (which I noticed you mention on dt and left off on here, you sneaky devil... ;) ) Also, I wouldnt call 13.35 at 100.4 "well over 100mph". Im a member over at dodgetalk too. I also sold my Airaid MIT on dodgetalk, and said the results it had given to me which were nothing. Its pretty easy to diagnose when the truck is noticeably sluggish when the intake is on, and picks back up as soon as I put the stock back on. (yes i disconnected battery blah blah blah, it did nothing)

Anyway, Id say your prediction is about right for 13.9 to 14.2 with traction. Still like a little ways to get to mid 13s. Might wanna try some of the Moes traction bars.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts