Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question along the same lines that might have been answered, and might sound dumb coming from someone that mods like I do! LOL But I am never to proud to ask a question on these forums if I do not know.

If I get the front urethane bumper from the SAP(factory color matched), is the chrome part what comes off my truck, and I put the urethane part back in place of it? Reason I ask is that I do not want to take chances on painting over the chrome when my truck goes to paint early next month, and would rather just have a urethane one on there, even though it won't be silver.

Also anyone have the part number(s) in case I cannot find a used one. And if anyone has a used one, PM me with your demands for it. :D

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
No, it's all one piece (the urethane bumper on the SAP, Limited, and Rock Warrior trims). So your entire bumper right now gets discarded - the chrome as well as the painted silver top.

You will need different brackets and possibly the support. I would give you the part numbers, but the TradeMotion diagrams on the parts sites do not give part numbers :(

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Here, these diagrams highlight the differences. Sparks can tell you which parts are reusable, and which ones you will need to buy :)

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Anytime! I've only removed the steel one, but it's pretty easy as long as you are patient. Hopefully you can reuse the silver insert!

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anytime! I've only removed the steel one, but it's pretty easy as long as you are patient. Hopefully you can reuse the silver insert!
Ya I would hope that would fit I am sure..Not worried about the color, as I am having the truck painted next month.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thirdhorseman is correct about it replaceing the whole bumer but i belive since it is the same shape all the brackets should be the same. I would give tim a sparks and email for some info , he helped me out with trying to get info on the spa rear bumper setup, he gave me part # and everthing .. After you get the part # google them and see.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Thirdhorseman is correct about it replaceing the whole bumer but i belive since it is the same shape all the brackets should be the same. I would give tim a sparks and email for some info , he helped me out with trying to get info on the spa rear bumper setup, he gave me part # and everthing .. After you get the part # google them and see.
The pieces behind the bumper are not all the same as far as I know. The steel bumper supports itself, but the urethane has some different parts behind it. There are a couple that are obvious just in the diagrams above.

Probably not too expensive, but something you want to verify before you get involved in the project.

·
Registered
823 Posts
part 15 and 21 seam to be diffrent as well as 10 and 8 good call didnt notice that.:tu:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
crap i deleted it a while back....but back when i was facing a repaint and new bumpers i had the info from sparks on it...it was cost prohibitive in my situation, it does take new brackets as well as the complete bumper parts etc. i bet u would be better off seeing if they had a black work truck bumper and prepping and painting that instead of trying to do a complete swap....

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Ever think about going Sequoia? The boxy look and the ribbed lower part of the fascia would look pretty awesome on a lowered truck.

That's what I'm going to do once our house shenanigans are done.

·
Registered
823 Posts
^ good idea if your going to spend that kinda money you mine as well mod the **** out of the truck marky and i have seen pics of it done looks nice and we all know you get more points at a show for it to..

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey just curious - how long did it take you to remove the front bumper? I'm planning on doing this eventually.

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ever think about going Sequoia? The boxy look and the ribbed lower part of the fascia would look pretty awesome on a lowered truck.

That's what I'm going to do once our house shenanigans are done.
That does look good!

^ good idea if your going to spend that kinda money you mine as well mod the **** out of the truck marky and i have seen pics of it done looks nice and we all know you get more points at a show for it to..
Yeppers I have thought about it from the first time I seen this..Just not sure..Trying to get my truck to paint within the next month. I have the scheme and all that I am going with and in the process of shaving the tailgate handle, molding in the ends of the rollpan, and removing the center piece out of my RamAir hood to make it one large opening.

But I need to address this front bumper and I need (3) more spare tire/wheels to put on the truck while getting painted so my aftermarket wheels will remain paint free. :D

^^Thanks for those pics! That does look sweet!!

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
823 Posts
Your headlights stay the same but you do need the grill that goes witht there front end. There grill is shorter. Contact your local junk yards and see if they have any that have clean front ends

1 - 20 of 47 Posts