Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with good part brand suggestion for these? Yota wants way too much! Cheapest I found for toyota orig is around $211 each. Since I need to do both... I'm not sure what would be a comparable brand, anyone?
thanks!
BC

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ok thanks!
Do shop around always put the best quality of OEM, OE, MOOG, etc in your carts and watch better offers appear. It's how the Matrix Algorithm Tracker works.
Also look for/read reviews.
Amazon consistently has best product description/reviews.
And ask these great Tundra Forum folks!
Good luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I put a moog inner tie rod on probably 50,000 miles ago and no problems yet. Since then I’ve used moog parts on other vehicles and they’ve all been horrible. Their quality between parts seems very inconsistent to me, but mine hasn’t given me fits. A moog inner tie rod end I put on a jeep commander though with around 10,000 miles snapped in half in the driveway. Other moog front end parts I’ve used wore out between 10-20,000 miles. I don’t know why they would be built properly for a tundra but be complete junk for most other things, but that’s been my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have to agree with you on that. I've had some experience in the past with moog that didn't go well for me either. Maybe this is why yota wants so much for these. Truck has 350K on it now. Have you heard anything about BECK/ARNLEY.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Being a import mechanic, specifically Asian, Beck Arnley has always been good to me. I have seen the test of time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Moog. I've had Moog inner and outer tie rod ends on my 01 Tundra for years. Also, have Moog on balljoints. Great products. Rock Auto or Amazon has the best prices and they are the best. I put them on my Corvette, too, so quality parts are important.
Here is the page with inner and outer for 2003 Tundra: $31.76 inners, and 23.79 for R outer, and 23.79 L outer:

·
Registered
102 Posts
My original 97K were all still nearly passable except Pass Inner was flipping flopping.
If one of this gives out before 50K I would be extremely surprised.
The LBJs?
I went TRW, EXACT Match Engineered Part# JBJ553.

Here is an old thread on original recall of Toyota LBJs on 1st Gens.
Good history info!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Of which I believe the MOOGs will do very well. Toyota OEM is almost always best of $$$ are of no concern.
The extra info is for anyone who may need to ask about inner tie rods, as it is inherent to entire Front End Suspension and Steering knowledge.
Hence 'Suspension/Steering System'!!
You are very welcome.

As I have just actually completed Entire Systems Needs and am now much more aware of Suspect Parts, Issues and the Actual Job(including squeezing my own springs to get 5100s in) it will be a breeze to do anything under there now forever and Alignments will actually Align. If you LCA camber set/bushings are frozen rusted in and any alignments have not helped tire wear/steering it is because they will ALWAYS take your money as they rip you off.
Always keep learning more, applied
knowledge is Our Best Buddy. Need any other advice, please just ask! Peace

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Any Moog, Beck, Dorman, whatever are usually a crap shoot. They don't manufacture their own parts and they don't stick to one supplier.

I had good luck with Raybestos, they were really reboxed Sankei 555 which is a good Japanese brand.

Whichever you get, grab new outer rods too and paint them black or they'll rust in a month. Inner rods last forever in my experience but outer rods can wear in a few years, especially if lifted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In reality....everything is crap these days. So it's really a crap shoot on what you buy. If Toyota Ball joints are that good, why do they fail before their time. Because they should of just made them bigger in the first place. For christ sakes there the same size in the rear of my Lexus......this is a big truck, up front at that, a lot more weight a lot more abuse. (I pressed in Tundra BJ's in my Lexus, so I know.) (wasn't paying $550 for a control arm) Beck Arnley came through for me, lasted longer than the Toyota ones I previously installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts