Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2005 Tundra Access Cab and I would like to put the newer style fold down rear seats in it. I hear on the newer model tundra's the back of the rear seat folds forward so you can store stuff behind it.

Has anyone done this before?

·
Forum Admin
8,252 Posts
I haven't seen it done yet, but I've thought about the conversion before. I'm not too sure what the conversion would look like since the current seats fold up and the backs are stationary. Would you have to make one or the other stationary? Or could they both pivot on the same hinge axis? The only thing holding the back to the wall are the four 2" tabs that insert into the rear wall below the window. If we removed those and welded a hook/snap closure, maybe we could make a quick-release style bracket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am sure something like that would have to be done, I just am not sure what. Maybe this weekend I will go to the junk yard and take a look and a tundra with the fold down seats and see what holds them in. I did this sort of conversion on my old YJ jeep and put newer TJ style folding seats in the rear. It was just a matter of adding some new bolt holes and welding nuts to them. We shall see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts