Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i ordered a set of factory style fog lights from ebay and it cam with lights, wire harness and square style switch. No problem right, but when I went to install lights I found wiring for the fog lights, plugs right in no problem there. Installation no problem, but when I went inside to look for a connector for the switch, nothing to be found easily. Does any one know where it might be inside of dash or is this the one where it is controlled by the headlight switch? Or do I need to install the wire harness that they sent with kit? Don't want to do that if I don't need to. Any help will be greatly appriceiated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm pretty sure on that truck the fog light switch is on the turn signal/headlight stalk just like the new body style, might be able to change the switch and make it work, well actually I'm sure you can but since I haven't done that in a sequoia I can't tell you step by step, if you can get a hold of a wire schematic for the lighting in your truck it would be pretty easy to find where the wires run.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 2001 sequoia sr5 did not come with fogs at all... so NO the headlight turn signal will not operate. You have to run your own wire and switch. I bought the 00-01 tundra switch and used in the blank on the left. I'll post the complete directions and a few pics on Monday or I can PM you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just started a new thread/post with the instructions on how to install these.
If you dont see it let me know and I can PM or EMAIL them to you.
Let me know if you have questions.
Its real easy. The instrcutions look a little confusing but it is not!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok i ordered a set of factory style fog lights from ebay and it cam with lights, wire harness and square style switch. No problem right, but when I went to install lights I found wiring for the fog lights, plugs right in no problem there. Installation no problem, but when I went inside to look for a connector for the switch, nothing to be found easily. Does any one know where it might be inside of dash or is this the one where it is controlled by the headlight switch? Or do I need to install the wire harness that they sent with kit? Don't want to do that if I don't need to. Any help will be greatly appriceiated.
Hi my 01 Toyota sequoia sr5 4.7l cam with pre-factory wiring for the fog lights tried hooking everything up and still no fog lights I'm I missing something?Please let me know thank you put in new relay and column switche no fire to pig tails of fog lights

1 - 7 of 7 Posts