Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Sequoia, and really excited to have found this forum.

The previous owner had backed into a mailbox and popped the rear passenger fender off. Breaking off a few of the plastic clip mounts in the process. I was able to glue back on the mount, but have no idea how this mounts back?

I've looked in the service PDF in the forum but could not find any hits.

Any ideas? I have tried to slide it on from all direction but the clip mounts slot in from different directions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i don't know how my wife knocked that thing off ours. I assume those things that were retained in the rear quarter panel are some kind of pop rivet type thing that needs to pop out and slide into those retainers on the trim piece, then all of it pop back in. But everything's so rusty on mine it seems like something's more likely to break than pop out. let us know if you figure it out. wouldn't be surprised if this has been discussed before on the forum but i haven't searched for it.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Use a fork tool and remove the clips from the body and install them back into the trim piece, then snap the trim piece back onto the body. You may end up breaking the clips when removing them unless you can get your hand in behind the bumper and compressing the lock tabs on them so you might have to get more from your local dealer. They shouldnt be more than a few bucks for the 4 of them.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Ah, ok. Slightly different but not much. Remove the clips from the body and reinstall to the part like I said before. The difference is when you put the part on the body you snug up those nuts from the inside. Just remember the torque is super low, like snug with a wrench. Maybe hit them with some WD40 in advance if you have rust issues.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Glad you got it. Nice tires by the way. Had those on my last truck. Best tires ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts