Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

We are looking at replacing the speakers in all 4 doors and adding a sub and amp as well as running new (better) speaker wire in our 2010 CrewMax. We are pretty handy and I'm sure are capable of doing it all ourselves like we did in our boat but it's really just not all that appealing so we are considering paying to have part or all of it done. We want to mount the amp next to the sub behind the rear seat and we plan on keeping the stock head unit (yes I know a lot of people recommend replacing it but we want to keep the stock look) Here are the different scenarios we are looking at:

1) provide all of the parts (speakers, adapters, amp, sub) and pay a shop to do full install plus the cost of wire.

2) provide the amp and pay a shop to install the amp and run new speaker wire to the existing speakers plus the cost of wire.

Other than looking at best buy's geek squad costs I honestly have no clue what either of these options would cost so I would greatly appreciate your feedback regarding cost as well as which option you think would be best.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Sometimes the local stereo shops around here run promos that offer free install with purchase. Might be another option to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts