Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my drop last week and am using the Tundra Racing flip kit in the back. Had previously had a Flowmaster dual in/out installed and now the rear shackles from the flip kit are in the way of the exhaust tips. Had to have the tips cut off and there is no way to install them cleanly with the new drop setup (still want to exit on the sides, not straight out under the rear bumper). How do you guys with drops have your exhaust set up? thanks

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Installed my drop last week and am using the Tundra Racing flip kit in the back. Had previously had a Flowmaster dual in/out installed and now the rear shackles from the flip kit are in the way of the exhaust tips. Had to have the tips cut off and there is no way to install them cleanly with the new drop setup (still want to exit on the sides, not straight out under the rear bumper). How do you guys with drops have your exhaust set up? thanks
I will bump this for you, but also with a question. I have the Borla Dual straight out the back under the bumpers. Do you feel that I will have any issues with clearance/fitting?

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Here is a pic of one side - Any decent muffler shop can re-route your pipes after the flip. This is the setup I ran with for a couple of years until recently.There is room even with the swaybar under there as well.

Here is the setup I'm running now - it was just time for a change.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tigerking - you shouldn't have any clearance inssues if you're running straight out the back.

semcoll - that was my second option (to route the pipe above the leaf spring and angle the tip down), but my tips are 18" long and it would have been a really extreme downward angle or it would have stuck down a lot. New shorter 12" tips would be another $120.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Here is a pic of one side - Any decent muffler shop can re-route your pipes after the flip. This is the setup I ran with for a couple of years until recently.There is room even with the swaybar under there as well.

Here is the setup I'm running now - it was just time for a change.

The new look is big time!

tigerking - you shouldn't have any clearance inssues if you're running straight out the back.

Thanks for the help!

semcoll - that was my second option (to route the pipe above the leaf spring and angle the tip down), but my tips are 18" long and it would have been a really extreme downward angle or it would have stuck down a lot. New shorter 12" tips would be another $120.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts

- 18" tips are def. too long for a side exit behind the tire. I think you can find some quality shorter tips as in rolled angle-cut stainless for less than $120. Mine are doublewall baffled SS and were only $22 ea.
Diamond Eye Exhaust Tip - Stainless Exhaust Tips - Guaranteed Low Prices

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip on the tips. This is how it had to be routed to get around the shackle and leaf spring after the flip kit. It's a Flowmaster Super44 dual in/out.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Looks great; I am happy that you are relieved now........

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really don't like it, but the only other two choices are dumping it right after the muffler or going straight out the back under the bumper. after the flip kit in the back the leaf and shackle make it pretty hard to make it look descent with a dual side exit setup.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
i really don't like it, but the only other two choices are dumping it right after the muffler or going straight out the back under the bumper. after the flip kit in the back the leaf and shackle make it pretty hard to make it look descent with a dual side exit setup.
Relax man! It is different which is what I like. No one will be looking at it as much once you get your wheels on............

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tighty - they are 3.5x18" chrome tips

Mark - i like the side exit look too, but like a little more downward angle so the whole tip isn't exposed. sick job on the bags. i almost bagged mine, but it's a daily driver and still can't find a nice set of 26's yet. our 5x150 bolt pattern and 60 offset wheels are a real challenge.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Tighty - they are 3.5x18" chrome tips

Mark - i like the side exit look too, but like a little more downward angle so the whole tip isn't exposed. sick job on the bags. i almost bagged mine, but it's a daily driver and still can't find a nice set of 26's yet. our 5x150 bolt pattern and 60 offset wheels are a real challenge.
There are several 22" choices and you are still able to put a somewhat meaty tire on there with the 305/45/22s.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts