Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the factory back-up camera/monitor in my 07, SR5 Tundra today. It has the tow package so everything was plug and play. All the wiring harnesses were in place. It took about two hours to do. I could probably do it in an hour now that I have installed one. The monitor replaces the sunglasses holder at the front of the overhead console. The camera fits into a new tailgate latch that has to be installed. The camera does a nice job of providing a clear view of what's behind you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Couple of questions.
Where did you pick up the kit?
Price?
What is the part number?

Thanks in advance.

·
TS
579 Posts
And another question.. Was the video wiring RCA type?

I ask because I would like it to show up on the aftermarket nav screen also when in reverse.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The best pricing I've seen is SparksTRD.com. $570.00 plus shipping for every thing. I ordered mine last week and hope to get it installed by the weekend.:tu:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
And another question.. Was the video wiring RCA type?

I ask because I would like it to show up on the aftermarket nav screen also when in reverse.
Same here. I want to buy an aftermarket nav. headunit that accepts a backup cam. I was wondering if there are also wires already behind the headunit for this or are they only up above by the mirror?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No RCA plugs, just standard automotive pigtails. I wish the screen was brighter though. I don't know if it is the screen or the camera. Seems susceptible to shadows too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts