Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my Bedrug today. Wasn't too difficult; I did it myself with the topper still on. I took a bunch of pictures as I was going along, so if I get up the right combination of time, energy, and motivation I might try to write up a DIY.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Looks Good! I have Bedrug as well on board and like it. Do a writeup when you get a chance. With a topper, you can now sleep in the back!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
your install looks really good. i've seen a bunch of pics of bedrugs and there is just something about having a topper along with the bedrug that makes the bedrug look even better. it's like your bed is in it's "sunday go to meetin' clothes" instead of blue jeans. glad you got that great deal man!

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now, get this.

When I was all done, I called Mrs. SD out to have a look at it since I was so proud of my handiwork. She then says "You should put the plastic bedliner back in now to protect that beautiful carpeting." :rolleyes:

Only a woman could say something that stupid.

·
Registered
722 Posts
After being Married to my Wife for 37 years, I've learned very few of her statements are 'stupid'.They're different creations,done by design; I for one, am glad!:D

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
When I was all done, I called Mrs. SD out to have a look at it since I was so proud of my handiwork. She then says "You should put the plastic bedliner back in now to protect that beautiful carpeting." :rolleyes:

Only a woman could say something that stupid.
Actually, I think she is very logical. Some people are afraid of Bedrug and think it will not hold up. She is just trying to protect your new install, as in, it looks so good, so, let's protect it!!!!!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i think mrs sd has a good point! you ought to just take that bedrug out, send it on over to me, and slap that old liner back in before it's too late. i'm liking that mrs sd!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Good pics!!! No doubt about it, it looks great. When did you say you were going to be in the neighborhood???:) Mrs. SD didn't threaten to kick ya off the couch now did she???:rolleyes:

"You should put the plastic bedliner back in now to protect that beautiful carpeting."

You gotta admit, they keep us laughing even if the laugh is time delayed.:laughing3d:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
It looks great and really nice when you have a cap. I put too much stuff in he back of mine that it would always be getting dirty. Have trouble keeping the plastic liner clean as it is.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome bro! I love mine, as it makes it look like a whole new truck!
Thanks! The next thing I want to do it carpet the inside of the topper.

Also, as mentioned early, Mrs. SD wanted me to put the old bedliner back in to "protect" the bed rug. :rolleyes: But maybe she is onto something. I might just cut the bottom out of the old b/l and simply lay it on top for when I have to haul bags of manure; etc.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Thanks! The next thing I want to do it carpet the inside of the topper.

Also, as mentioned early, Mrs. SD wanted me to put the old bedliner back in to "protect" the bed rug. :rolleyes: But maybe she is onto something. I might just cut the bottom out of the old b/l and simply lay it on top for when I have to haul bags of manure; etc.
Cool..I ordered mine with the inside of the lid carpeted. Best thing I could have done. Also good idea on cutting out the old B/L and use for times like you mentioned!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts

smart move! another thought you might consider is to cut off all but say 6" of the sides of your old bed liner to keep all that $hit you'll be hauling from maybe getting on the sides of your new bed rug. you could lay a strap or a piece of rope under neath before laying it in there and the old bed liner would come out pretty easy with a little tug on the old strap or rope. Mrs. SD is quite an inspiration after all! you know? :tu::tu:

so i guess this means that you won't be sending the bed rug on over to me now. :sad3d:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking at this vs. Line-X since I'm gonna have a topper on the truck.

Anybody install it with the deck rail system, and if so, did you run into any challenges or is it easy to install?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts