Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I installed a new Pioneer F90BT headunit and when I turn the key to accessory, everything works well. When I go to turn the engine there is nothing! I was able to start the engine after removing the factory radio and just connecting the power to the new unit to test it.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make sure you have everything plugged back into its correct sources. (a/c unit, window controls, etc.). I had something similar to this problem when installing mine.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
If you disconnected any of the wire connectors at the HVAC control panel at the lower part of the radio bezel I think you'll find a connector that's not fully plugged in on the right side. Even if you did not remove any make sure they are fully engaged.

Larry

·
Registered
583 Posts
make sure you battery didnt go dead by haveing the doors open during the install. could be something simple like that...

·
TS
579 Posts
It very well could be the battery if it works on ACC and not on Start. The cranking may cost too much juice. Try jump starting it, and if it doesn't work, check your fuses.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Yeah.... how long were you playing with the new radio before you tried to start the truck again.....

·
Registered
568 Posts
i put the head unit out of an 04 in my truck one time, and it would start but absolutely nothing worked including the heater and ac. I think it was that theft deterent ****, maybe you are running into something similar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts