Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the third grill on my truck. lol. I like it!:devil: It is a Paramount Styling Grill. It is very solid and quality is good. Took about a half an hour or so to install.

See pics below. There is a 1/4 inch gap on the sides. It isn't noticeable. It may be my bug deflector is causing the gap. I am going to play around with it later. I can't remember if the stock grill had a gap this big? Can anyone measure on their truck?

The damn brow is gone too!

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have the same gap but I also have a bug shield. Never even noticed the gap till now. Looks fine to me. Not sure if it was there before but don't think the shield is causeing it. The new grill looks awesome!!! How much $ and where? Thanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same gap but I also have a bug shield. Never even noticed the gap till now. Looks fine to me. Not sure if it was there before but don't think the shield is causeing it. The new grill looks awesome!!! How much $ and where? Thanks
I got it from www.streetsideauto.com. They didn't even have it on their website, but they are a distributor of paramount restyling. I called and asked if they had the grill I was looking for and they did! I was having trouble tracking this grill down.

They sell it for $359 shipped. I had a 5% online coupon. Out the door with tax is was $360.

Paramount has a bunch of different grills.
http://www.paramountrestyling.com/09_2nd_edition_catalog.PDF

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks awesome bro. :tu:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont have a bug deflector and it still has that gap.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I saw those grilles when Marky Mark posted them up on another forum. I think they look pretty sweet, but i'd want to keep my current insert. Do you think you can put your own insert in it? Or odrer just the Surround with no Brow?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw those grilles when Marky Mark posted them up on another forum. I think they look pretty sweet, but i'd want to keep my current insert. Do you think you can put your own insert in it? Or odrer just the Surround with no Brow?
Not sure. Give Travis at Paramount a call. He was very helpful when I called. I called him like four times to ask questions and he didn't mind one bit

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Are the finishes a gelcoat? ie...paintable? It would be great if they could be easily color matched..... anyone? Thanks

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Even if they don't, it is not a big deal to use a sandblaster and very gingerly put some profile into the chrome so the primer / paint will stick.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Looks so much better without that ugly *** bug deflector!

As I posted on the other forums, just awesome bro!!! Way to go leading the way in getting this. I am still debating the black mesh one..Might just get the billet one, and have it color matched.
Rut, did removing the bug deflector make the gap go away? I was looking at my stock setup and the gap was not that wide. Marky Mark I was thinking the same thing, billet and color match would be sweet!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts