Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rut, did removing the bug deflector make the gap go away? I was looking at my stock setup and the gap was not that wide. Marky Mark I was thinking the same thing, billet and color match would be sweet!!
After the bug deflector was removed the gap is 3/16". I was looking more closely at the stock grill surround and the gap has to be exactly the same.

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Rut, did removing the bug deflector make the gap go away? I was looking at my stock setup and the gap was not that wide. Marky Mark I was thinking the same thing, billet and color match would be sweet!!
Ya it would! I'ma do this, but working on other things at the moment. :D

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
After the bug deflector was removed the gap is 3/16". I was looking more closely at the stock grill surround and the gap has to be exactly the same.
Thanks bro! It just looked wider in the pic I guess, now to hunt down the billet lookin' grill, i'd like to see one up close before ordering. Marky Mark it's on you now bro, you know you want one:D

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Thanks bro! It just looked wider in the pic I guess, now to hunt down the billet lookin' grill, i'd like to see one up close before ordering. Marky Mark it's on you now bro, you know you want one:D
Also in case you did not realize, once the .pdf catalog is downloaded, just magnify it, and it blows up mighty large..I want one, but need to be sure it will match my lower Carriage Works billet, unless I can use my current upper billet in the Paramount one. Need to find out if the Carriage Works is 4mm or 8mm billet.

He is busy. First he needs taillights with all spots LED, including the backup lights. :heh:
Got'em bro..Had the V-leds pretty much since they first announced them. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks so much better without that ugly *** bug deflector!

I agree! Much better without the bug deflector. I'm placing my order for one after seeing yours.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rut, Looks great! Trying to replace mine, just having a hard time finding one. Can you confirm you replaced the entire grill? The surround and the grille insert? Seems some folks are telling me finding the surround is impossible. Also, what is the surround, aka 'shell' made of? I really wanna lose the plastic from my hood...

Thanks!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Rut, Looks great! Trying to replace mine, just having a hard time finding one. Can you confirm you replaced the entire grill? The surround and the grille insert? Seems some folks are telling me finding the surround is impossible. Also, what is the surround, aka 'shell' made of? I really wanna lose the plastic from my hood...

Thanks!
Yes the paramount is the grill surround and grill. It bolts right on. Took me about a half an hour to take the old off and put the new on.

The grill surround is plastic and mesh is metal.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts